Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: "Grand Tourer" Locost anyone?
Nightkid

posted on 20/4/06 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
"Grand Tourer" Locost anyone?

Hi all
I'm currently doing a design exercise for my final year project at Coventry University. My project is based on redesigning/modifying the rear suspension, fuel tank and chassis to increase overall rear spacing of a book chassis Locost. This kinda creates a "Grand Tourer" version of the Locost. Looking at the current setup I think the vehicle will have a slight comprised handling (possibly using torsion bars to save space) but with added rear "boot" spacing.
So my question is how many Locost owners actually took their Locost for long distance travel like Ron Champion did when he traveled to France with his son?

Any insights or comments would be great. Thanks!

ned

posted on 20/4/06 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
que marcus

oh and of course hicost who probably has the highest milage locost in existance.

[Edited on 20/4/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonno

posted on 20/4/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
These lot manage a few miles

http://www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk/

steve_gus

posted on 20/4/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
But didnt he re-chassis it last year? Thats a bit like Triggers broom. Had the same one for 20 years. Been through 7 heads and three handles in that time

quote:
Originally posted by ned
que marcus

oh and of course hicost who probably has the highest milage locost in existance.

[Edited on 20/4/06 by ned] [/quote

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Marcus

posted on 20/4/06 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Ned,

Yup, mine came with me to Cannes, St. Tropez, Monaco etc last year. The best thing I've ever done in a car

Didn't feel the need for a bigger tank, as a break every couple of hours kept us awake!
My mate went down in a seriously quick MG Midget and had to fill up at the same mileage as me, with a tank nearly twice the size. I returned nearly 40 mpg, him about 22! (He also had to leave it there to have a new clutch fitted, mine drove home like a good 'un)
The car was pretty well loaded up - see below- but still handled ok!

Roof
Roof

DescriptionEurotunnel
DescriptionEurotunnel

Marcus

[Edited on 20/4/06 by Marcus]

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.