Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cars stolen
stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/4/06 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
cars stolen

this happened to a mate of mine this week

http://www.ketteringtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=661&ArticleID=1454288

he used to have an impretza, and hearing tales (inc from here) of people robbing keys after waking people up in their beds, he left his keys on a hook in the kitchen. Take the car and leave the family alone was the idea.

His year old mondeo diesel 155 sti and his wifes 2 month old clio were stolen. They forced double glasing window, (plastic crap thats supposed to be high security!!!) took keys and a laptop, and let themselves out the kitchen door leaving it open. The police saw them, gave chase, and in US style, forced the clio off the road with a range rover...... lots of side damage and is impounded.

The TT thats mentioned crashed off the road at a bend against an embankment. As the robber fled, the police car also skidded and trapped the robber (uninjured) against the grassy bank!

he has the sti and laptop back.

get something nice and bastards try and take it from you. They came from Market Harborough, about 15 miles from here

atb

steve

perksy

posted on 21/4/06 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
The B******s will probably get 3 weeks in Spain as way of punishment or a comfy cell complete with Playstation

Car stealing/joy riding should be a hanging offence

Time the authorities stopped pussy footing around...

[Edited on 21/4/06 by perksy]

big_wasa

posted on 21/4/06 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
The wifes car got stolen because I made her park it up on the road so I could have my sierra (donor car) on the drive.

It ended up in Corby.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/4/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
burnt out cars around here are called Corby taxi's

atb

steve

Mansfield

posted on 21/4/06 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
We had a very similar attempt.

Now I sleep with one eye open, and if anyone fancies it - they will have to wake me, and incurr my wrath.

Terrible way to live. In my day etc. etc. etc.

andrews_45

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I swear to god, if I ever got woken up by some scumbag they would be begging for Tony Martin...

Scum like that should get hung...

Forgive me for sounding a little draconian, but with young children its too scary to even contemplate and the anger would be far to much to hold back

gary gsx

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
The legal system is shite in this country a mate of mine got stabed 7 times over this guys dog dumping in his garden he nearly died the bloke got 2 years, so 12 months for being a good boy,

I agree with andrews-45 ive got 3 kids too and if they got in my house and me dogs didnt get hold of them well god only knows and you can garantee ill be in twice as much poo as the twats that tried breaking in.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
my freind has kids of 6 and 3 in the house....

atb

steve

flak monkey

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
The last time one of my relatives was broken into he pulled his shotgun on them and peppered their car, think it made national news

The best line of home defence is a good guard dog, then a baseball bat or shotgun. Once someone is trespassing on your land all of their rights to compensation for injury should not apply.

I have heard broken glass and anything else sharp stuck to the top of a high wall makes a great deterrant.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Mansfield

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with andrews_45.

I haven't slept properly for nearly two years.

I hope I am never presented with the oportunity to redeem my lost sleep.

flyingkiwi

posted on 21/4/06 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
You got to be careful now with broken glass on the top of fences. Big area for claims! though you would think that anyone "looking" into your garden over a 6ft fence shouldn't have any rights. Though a copper once told me that carpet rail is a good one to use.

My little un (12) is being charged at the mo for "Indirect assault" cause he chased a girl that ran into a door, and his assault was that she was too busy looking back at him. WTF? I would be minted if I claimed for the amount of times I've walked into something thanks to some inconsiderate bikini clad lady.

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

skydivepaul

posted on 21/4/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
gun in nearby cupboard and baseball bat under my bed......alarm always on every night..dont break into my house if you want an easy ride.

BTW my cousin had is 52 plate sti impreza nicked the other week while he was in bed. the only night he had left the keys downstairs. how do they know!!!!!
It was used in a bank robbery the next day in Leeds and they still havent found the car.
His £600.00 tracker apparentley doesnt work if the engine is off??? or the vehicle isnt moving? what a pile of sh1t

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Mansfield

posted on 21/4/06 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
How do they know?

I hate to think.

I know several people burgled while they were on holiday.

One of whom was still in the airport (waiting for the flight out), second time in 5 years the Royal Doulton was taken.

Like I said, hate to think how they know.

iank

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansfield
Like I said, hate to think how they know.

Dodgy taxi drivers is one way they know. Booking a 6am cab to heathrow is an invitation if you are unlucky.

3GEComponents

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I left the keys to my Impeza in the boot lock one night, in the morning the postie locked the car for me and posted the keys through the letter box, i guess that the beauty of living in the countryside, miles from no one!
chockymonster

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
The best line of home defence is a good guard dog, then a baseball bat or shotgun.

A guy I know has a rottie. Great guard dog. Thieving scum threatened to kill it if he didn't hand over the keys.
To be honest if someone broke into my house to steal my evo then they can have the keys.
The car is insured and aggravated theft is covered. It's not worth getting hurt over a piece of property that can be replaced.
Weapons are no good as they can be used against you if you don't know how to use them.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 21/4/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
a fire extinguisher by the bed is a very safe option, you can squirt people with it, plus its completely innocent. Conviniently, you can also put out small to medium fires, if you found one.
millenniumtree

posted on 22/4/06 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
They'd fall in my alligator-filled mote before they got close to the house.

If that 'gators didn't eat them, they'd get get a crotch full of electrified razor wire.

Then come the assault-rifle wielding robot dogs.

One can dream...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 22/4/06 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
I have got 2 cameras that cover my tin top and they can see in the dark. I also have a ip webcam in my garage that sends me an email with pictures if it detects motion changes. The car has an immobiliser and the garage is alarmed.
Don't think that I can do much more!

[Edited on 22/4/2006 by nitram38]

iank

posted on 22/4/06 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

4 big hasps into the floor, then motorbike security chains through those and the suspension wishbones (or whatever).

removable steering wheel

trained rottie with a fricken laser beam (and a fire extinguisher)

some more serious than others

zilspeed

posted on 22/4/06 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

4 big hasps into the floor, then motorbike security chains through those and the suspension wishbones (or whatever).

removable steering wheel

trained rottie with a fricken laser beam (and a fire extinguisher)

some more serious than others

The bit about the hasps is one I know of being used for definite. A mate of a mate has had a seriously engined Westfield for years (when such a thing was a real rarity) and his is is chained to the floor with a sign left against the windscreen - "Car Chained To Floor"

MikeR

posted on 22/4/06 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
a fire extinguisher by the bed is a very safe option, you can squirt people with it, plus its completely innocent. Conviniently, you can also put out small to medium fires, if you found one.

Also if you ever do a fire wardens course run by the fire brigade, they reconmend you have a fire extingisher near you at night, escape routes planned etc..

I've got one for that reason. Of course when a mate came back drunk one night and i'd forgotten he was staying over ....... i forgot i had it and walked downstairs in my pj's bricking myself.

Syd Bridge

posted on 22/4/06 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Face full of extinguisher powder! Classic! That would stop anyone.

One of the few advantages of living here on the island, is that we have far less crime than you english people. Most of it is druggies.

We leave our cars on the drive unlocked. The Mondeo that Dorsetstrider got from me sat on the drive for 6months with the keys in the ignition! Most thefts are from the main towns on Friday and Sat night, after the last bus!

Cheers,
Syd.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.