Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover V8
johncarman

posted on 3/4/03 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Rover V8

Does anybody know if the Tiger Avon will take a Rover V8 without to much modification ???
Simon

posted on 4/4/03 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
John,

I'm sure that in his book on the Avon, Jim Dudley said people have built them with the R V8.

Could be worth a quick email to the man himself - he's quite good at replying (well he was last time I emailed him:-)

I've just pulled this off their website:

"Written by Tiger MD Jim Dudley, this book is a step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream Sportscar on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance roadster based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Enginewise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series and motorcycle units"

Alternatively:

info@tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk

Hope this helps

ATB

Simon

Viper

posted on 4/4/03 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
John,

I'm sure that in his book on the Avon, Jim Dudley said people have built them with the R V8.

Could be worth a quick email to the man himself - he's quite good at replying (well he was last time I emailed him:-)

I've just pulled this off their website:

"Written by Tiger MD Jim Dudley, this book is a step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream Sportscar on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance roadster based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Enginewise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series and motorcycle units"

Alternatively:

info@tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk

Hope this helps

ATB

Simon

And you believe that do you??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.