Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: witter tow bar
dblissett

posted on 28/4/06 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
witter tow bar

has anyone got acess to the witter electrical wiring section of their web site as i need the wiring instutions so i can fit a tow bar to my saab 93
i got the tow bar and a smart 7 black box off ebay but i have never used one of these boxes before although i have fitted plenty of towbars before
the tow bar is a sb29a and the electrical kit is a z21 you need to be trade to get the electrical instructions of the witter web site
cheers dave

pewe

posted on 28/4/06 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Dave, if it's any help and like my 95 it should all be pre-wired in the boot via a multi-socket - seem to recall it being on the left side behind the trim. All you need do use a multi-meter to identify which part of the block does what and then wire in a 12v buzzer (Maplins) in the boot for audible warning for the indicators. Towsure will do a cheap split charge relay if you want to use it for a caravan charging. Cheers, Pewe
Pete Jordan

posted on 28/4/06 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Dave,

can't help you out with the Witter website I'm afraid but you might find what you are looking for on the Towequipe.co.uk fitting instructions site at www.fittinginstructions.co.uk

not sure if you have the Smart 7 instructions so i have scanned mine in and attached them. with these and a circuit ttester, you should be able to connect everything up. Best of luck.

Pete

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/4/06 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
From what I know/can gather at the moment the smart box has a wire to it straight from the battery through a fuse. The remaining wiring is connected as per normal to the tail lights etc. The box is to allow the bulb monitoring devices to work with the trailer/caravan coupled.
dblissett

posted on 28/4/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
christ that was quick if only i was this quick building my locost

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.