Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any good trimmers in S.East?
RazMan

posted on 4/5/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Any good trimmers in S.East?

I have a sneaky feeling that RazLady has bitten off more than she can chew regarding trimming my fibreglass seats. She seems confident but I have my doubts. Thay are now painted and ready for the squidgy stuff.

Plan B is to send them to a professional trimmer for him to sort them out.

Can anyone recommend a trimmer in the Essex / Suffolk area? What sort of price can I expect to pay?

[Edited on 4-5-06 by RazMan] Rescued attachment painted seats.jpg
Rescued attachment painted seats.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonno

posted on 4/5/06 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
never used or heard of them, but yell.co.uk got 4 trimmers in colchester. This one has a website.
http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show.do?id=SB0001804027000010

might be worth a call ?

stevebubs

posted on 4/5/06 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Bit far, but have heard rave reviews for Trimmania in Reading from many quarters.
Ketchup

posted on 4/5/06 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
there is a guy who has a small workshop just at the bottom of hythe hill in colchester, i think his name is jim watts, i am sure i got his number at work.. he has done a few seat repairs for us, and i know he retrims classics and the like
RazMan

posted on 5/5/06 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have tried all the local people and most are 'too busy' to have a look at my seats Either they can't be bothered with a small order (for them) or they just quote me a silly price to get rid of me.

I wasn't sure how much it would cost to trim two bucket seats but £600 seems a bit steep to me

Ah well, it's back to Plan A (having a go myself) I guess

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 5/5/06 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is Cambridge too far for you, can recommend a guy here who has done work for me in the past for a reasonable price
D.S. Thomsett 01223 420622. NTDWM just a satisfied customer

RazMan

posted on 5/5/06 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Rusty - I'll give him a ring. I don't mind travelling a way to save some dosh

Cheers,
Raz

ned

posted on 5/5/06 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
not got a number, expect yell.com would yield it but i know a guy we used to race with ran his own trimming company - 'harrison trimming' based in/near swanley, kent. Joh n Harrison is his name, had several sons, not sure if they worked with him or not.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

RazMan

posted on 9/5/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ned, but I've been doing a bit od detective work locally and it seems that the prices I've been quoted are about right. Apparently the going rate is one arm and two legs

As the seats I have are Ultima seats I went to Auto Interiors in Barwell, Leicester. The owner, Martyn Beddow, does all the trimming for Noble & Ultima amongst many other high profile customers - in other words his work is VERY high quality. He has all the patterns for my seats and after a little negotiating we decided to trim them in blue Alcantara with a silver 'AEON' logo on the headrests. He is also a bit quiet this week so the best part is that he can do them for me this week!

I'll post some pics when I get them in my sweaty little paws

Cheers,
Raz

BKLOCO

posted on 9/5/06 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I wondered why you wern't around today
I was on the scrounge (again)

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

RazMan

posted on 9/5/06 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've been out of commission for the last few days (my back went ping) More physio tomorrow but I should be in residence tomorrow pm

Cheers,
Raz

greggors84

posted on 10/5/06 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
So did you get them done for a good price Raz?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

RazMan

posted on 10/5/06 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Let's just say I won't be telling the missus
The figure quoted earlier in this thread will give you a clue but ssshhhhh, keep it to yourself

[Edited on 10-5-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

harvey115

posted on 24/5/06 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
i can trim your seats no problem,in full leather you are looking at £450 or in leather an alcantara so u dont burn your bum you are looking at £500 im based near bradford but i can sort out posting www.interiorwizzard.com or call me for more info 07771921692

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.