Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Removable Scuttle
gadrego

posted on 10/4/03 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Removable Scuttle

Has anybody made their car with an easily removable scuttle so they can easily swap between windscreen + wipers etc... to stripped out aeroscreen style? Just thought it would be interesting. I think people with Westfields sometimes do this.
Simon

posted on 10/4/03 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
As the windscreen is only held on by half a dozen bolts, I'd have thought it'd be quite easy to remove it, and replace with severely chopped down screen (full width aero screen), remove the wiper blades (covering splines with something protective of course), and job done.

Probably take 10 minutes that way, rather than mucking around with hard to get to scuttle retaining bolts, wiring, speedo drives etc etc.

ATB

Simon

Peteff

posted on 10/4/03 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Removable scuttle

My scuttle comes off and leaves the dash in place fitted to a hoop. I don't have a windscreen or anything but it makes it easy to get at wiring and speedo cable or steering column. Pictures in photo archive.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Simon

posted on 11/4/03 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I'll take it all back then:-)

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.