Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost inflatable lumbar support
Humbug

posted on 12/5/06 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Locost inflatable lumbar support

I find that I get backache with my seats - maybe they're a bit too upright, but then I tend to get backache in many cars. I have been looking on eBay at Lotus Elise seats with the inflatable lumbar support, but obviously they cost money, so I got my thinking cap on. The result:

Step 1: take the inner bag thingy out of a wine box. Wash it out a few times. Press the button and inflate it a bit.

Step 2: cut the flap off a vinyl document bag which was going to be thrown away anyway, and carefully slit the stitching open. I guess you could glue on some vinyl or make a pouch/envelope instead

Step 3: put the wine bag in its pouch and put it on the seat

Hey presto! Fully adjustable lumbar support: just take the bag out and inflate/deflate as necessary. Or, if it's no good, chuck it away.

I'll see if it helps. If it does, I might put some velcro on it to keep it in place.

Thoughts?

[Edited on 12.05.2006 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2006-05-12 Locost inflatable lumbar support.jpg
Rescued attachment 2006-05-12 Locost inflatable lumbar support.jpg

Marcus

posted on 12/5/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell, my parents could make a fortune with the amount of wine boxes they get through!

Good idea though. I cheated and bought some Sparco ones from Demon Thieves - not inflatable, but very comfy.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 12/5/06 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent! A bit cheaper than the £35 I just paid to have mine inserted during trimming too

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 12/5/06 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Being tea total, I dont have a wine bag.
However, I have now overcome this by using my inflatable sheep.

I think it makes an excellent LumBAA support

Thanks for the idea... Brill and very Locost.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Dale

posted on 12/5/06 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Damit I was trying to find a way of adding inflatable lumbar to my bench seats. I finally had to just make it fixed in foam. I even had some of the bags but did not think of them.
Well too late now but great idea.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

jeeby_man

posted on 12/5/06 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
i think i'd have difficulty cutting the flap off the vinyl bag after a box of wine
Humbug

posted on 13/5/06 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
...and now fitted more permanently in the pouch, and velcro'd in place. Rescued attachment 2006-05-13 Locost inflatable lumbar support.jpg
Rescued attachment 2006-05-13 Locost inflatable lumbar support.jpg

RichB

posted on 18/5/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Nice idea. Does the valve dig in your back at all?
02GF74

posted on 18/5/06 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
or just dring lots of wine, beer intil you develop fat depositsi n the appropriate place
Humbug

posted on 21/5/06 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichB
Nice idea. Does the valve dig in your back at all?

I've used the car a couple of time since fitting it. As I haven't got the bag pumped right up, the valve seems to sit in a loose pocket (if that makes sense?), so it's OK

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.