Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: antiroll bars
JoelP

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
antiroll bars

not many threads about these in the archives. Anyone got good ideas on what to use? I saw an mx5 one on ebay, dont know if thats too stiff. The car is being designed primarily for trackdays, a 400kg bec. Any good ideas?
NS Dev

posted on 22/5/06 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
If the MK one is not what you need, they are best just made yourself.

Mild steel cds with appropriate bends.

If you need any info U2U me, can't be bothered to type now!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Tralfaz

posted on 23/5/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Keith Tanner's MX5 based seven uses one I believe.

Have a "Search" in his archives

http://keith.miata.net/seven/

trikerneil

posted on 23/5/06 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
I had mine made by Z Cars to a sketch I supplied.
Exceptionally quick service, reasonable price and fitted perfectly.

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
C10CoryM

posted on 23/5/06 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about there, but here you can find blade type swaybars, and torsion bars from sprint/midget cars (used for suspension, but easy to adapt to anti-roll) that are reasonably priced and about the right size for a seven.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Keith Tanner

posted on 23/5/06 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Get one that's adjustable if you can. The right stiffness is going to depend on your suspension geometry, mounting points and spring rates.

The MX5 one is good to use because there are a lot of aftermarket options and it's a good width. To make the best use of the bar, the end links should be as far out on the control arm as possible. Anti-roll bars are a great way to tune the handling once you have them.

NS Dev

posted on 24/5/06 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Very cheap diy solution that works well on the back of the grasser, see the grey bar in the pic below. IIRC its 11/16" x 1/8" (or 3/4" by 5/32" ) cds, bent (in a vive with a blowtorch, no pipe bender!) to form the blades each end, diy adjuster clamps, rotating in lumps of nylon ( made from scrap tube straightener guides from work) and located laterally with jubilee clips round rubber hose.

bit heath robinson but works well in dirty conditions!

Grasser rebuild, race in 1 wk!
Grasser rebuild, race in 1 wk!

[Edited on 24/5/06 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.