Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Legal Engine
$LoCoRaCeR$

posted on 16/4/03 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Legal Engine

Hi everyone, I've just been looking at the rules and regs for the 750mc and i'm not really clear on what is and isn't allowed. Can you have alloy pulleys? Alternative fueling (high pressure pump etc), etc etc??? If anyone can help out on exactly what you are allowed it'd be appreciated. Cheers,
J

Viper

posted on 16/4/03 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what your regs say BUT i am sure you will find somwhere that it states if it doesn't say you can have it then you can't...most regs say this to cover anything they might have forgoten.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Philbo

posted on 16/4/03 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Philbo

Agree with Viper. Assume you can't have it. "Materials must be same as standard Ford parts", or words to that effect. However, fuel pump is free and exhaust and air filter are free. The last 2, and optimised ignition, are where you will get your power gains. Around 90bhp is competitive, so I am told.
Deckman001

posted on 16/4/03 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
PHILBO

Junior Builder

Posts 19
Registered 26/2/03
Location Box Hill, Surrey

Building: 750MC racing Locost"

BOX HILL, racing locost, best you get down to the nxt meet, we need to talk strategies !!

Jason

[Edited on 16/4/03 by Deckman001]

$LoCoRaCeR$

posted on 17/4/03 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Were you saying for me to get to Box Hill? Where is that BTW? Is it open to locosters or a private kinda thing? Cheers,

J

Philbo

posted on 17/4/03 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Box Hill

Box Hill meet, I know, I know!

Only started the car last month, only found this site since then! Didn't know about the meets or I'd have been down there.

Literally I could ROLL my chassis down the Hill to Ryka's where I presume y'all meet? It is literally "just down the road" for me..out the house, turn left, go down Zig Zag road, turn left, I'm there!

When is the next meet?!

Strategy?! Wot strategy?! :-)

Deckman001

posted on 17/4/03 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
BOX HILL

The meet is open to all, and is normally at 10am on the 1st sunday of each month. Typicaly as I'm telling you this, the nxt one is postponed to the sunday after i think cos its 'Stoneleigh' the 1st weekend of the month
Have a look in the 'Clubs and Events' section on this site. Most of the guys that go to Box Hill are building for the road, but are an enormous source of information as they are all ahead of us on the build !
Take care all, And be seeing you at Stoneleigh or Box Hill

Jason

ps: For those that don't know, Stoneleigh is big kitcar show in the midlands(Warwickshire)

taz

posted on 16/5/03 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
What engine?

Apologies for jumping in on this thread but I am new to locost and am just about to embark on my first car. I intend to build a 4x4 from an XR 4x4 2.9L V6 sierra. I was therefore just wondering if there were any categories that the car could be raced in?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.