Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aussies: Toyota SA63 (MkIII Celica) bellhousing needed
Winston

posted on 2/6/06 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Aussies: Toyota SA63 (MkIII Celica) bellhousing needed

I was just wondering if any of my fellow Aussie builders would be so kind as to offer to scrounge up some Toyota SA63 (MkIII Celica) parts for me. Specifically, I need the bellhousing. Oil sump and pickup would be a bonus, but not necessary since I can design around it. I'm trying to mate a 3SGTE to a RWD gearbox and this is pretty much the only way to do it. Unfortunately, the SA63 Celica was never sold in the US

Reply here or send mail to bigtigrrr(at)yahoo.com

Many thanks,
Winston

clutch_kick

posted on 2/6/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
aahhh 3s-gte is a bombproof engine I had one on my ST205. brings back many lovely memories.

Why not try mating it to a MT75 Gearbox instead? All it takes is a fabricated bellhousing.

Winston

posted on 2/6/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, and even better that I already have a 3SGTE in the shop I can go with a custom bell if I must... if I do that, I can basically pick my gearbox. I was hoping to avoid that trouble and cost by using the 2S bell. It'll mate up to a MkIII Supra turbo box, which'll hold the power easily and are readily available in the junkyards here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.