Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: You couldn't make it up ??
Jon Ison

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
You couldn't make it up ??

I'm going too keep this as short as possible........

Was working in Cornwall most of last week, got finished late Thurs night ready for drive home Fri Morning (going away for weekend Fri afternoon)

Called in Fri morn too make sure all is well, it wasn't, delayed 3 hours.

330 mile drive home ahead, delayed A30 accident, delayed M5 TNT lorry jackknifed, delayed M5 caravan on its side, Delayed M5 so took A46 across too M42 (saw all the grassers going too stratford) Delayed all the way from M42 too home, 8 hours later arrive home.

Get caravan on back, set off for sunny cleethorpes, temp gauge goes too the top, pull in at Woodall services, not a bloody spanner too be had, shop/garage sell none, eventually beg steal and borrow an adjustable off a lorry driver.......Head under bonnet screech wallop bang, no not me a Golf runs straight into the back of a 206 filling with fuel, god knows how they managed that..........
Carry on under bonnet, suspect possible head gasket problems, talk myself into carrying on rather than turning back........

........... just entering cleethorpes, the place that is, temp goes up again, pull up, header tank split on a seam, all the system pressurized head gasket passed its sell by date, limp too Thorpe park.

Well we will enjoy thew weekend, weather was great, phoned my son he is coming over Sunday with a spare header tank maybe we can limp it home if I tow the caravan with the van.........

Set off, 3 pit stops and 15 miles later decide we ain't gonna make it so decide too leave Disco in a lay by on A180 carry on home with caravan on van then go back with trailer too retrieve disco...........

............Just about too pull out of lay by when all hell breaks loose, 3 patrol cars blue lights the works.......

WTF I thought, OK i get out too explain what is going on i am then told in no uncertain terms too get in the back of one of the patrol cars.................

.............it turns out (i did say you couldn't make it up) that a Black disco had been in Thorpe park and stolen a caravan exactly the same model as ours, it took 1/2 an hour before they let me out the car and that was only after out lass shown them the sticker in the window (Thorpe park booking reference etc) with her name on it and a cheque book with both our names on it..............

The owners of the stolen Caravan then arrived in another patrol car and confirmed it wasn't theirs.

I could go on about the conversation etc with the old bill but ive gone on long enough...........

Anyway I'm home, the caravan is home the Disco is sat on the drive sulking..........

Whats your weekend been like ????

I did say you could make it up ??

Oh forgot, Neal had a bird strike on way too rescue us on M18, need a new windscreen in my works van too........

ch1ll1

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
sound better than my weekend !
RichardK

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Not bothering with a lottery ticket then?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
i hit my finger with a hammer, now i have another black nail..

so i think your weekend was must worse than mine.....

keep smiling

Russ-Turner

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
'kin 'ell!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey! Walked under any ladders/smashed any mirrors recently? I've had quite a pleasant weekend, apart from having my niece stay the night. Well until 1.30am when I gve up and took her home to her mum! But I made up for that by buying a really big telly of Big Wasa!
MkIndy7

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Your right you couldn't make that one up!

We've been on on a Rally in Scotland

http://club.triumph.org.uk/lacarrera/index.html

The scenery was absoloutely breath taking and the route must have been picked by a genius, Hell even the weather fell just right on Saturday!

Never had so much fun, was a 600 mile round trip from home and all that was needed was a top up with water!(and fuel of cause)

Quote of the day had to come from the proud if not a little Kamakazie owner of a Lancia Delta Integrale HF "Thats only a 4 pot Ford with a single carb"

NigeEss

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bummer !

I had a good one, nice weather, rag top off the Landy. Mate came up from Salisbury
(he was ranting about the overturned caravan too), plenty scoops of grog.

I could go on but you probably don't want to know

Hope things improve for you soon !

Jon Ison

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
TBH they where only doing there job, had it been my van stolen I would want them too pull up any suspects for want of as better word, it must have looked dodgy, leaving the "Black disco2 in a lay by and leaving with what looked like a stolen caravan on the back of a van.

The info coming back on the police radio was scary, they know everything these days, including insurance details and all the named drivers, we had a good laugh with them before they left..........
i just thought they had pulled up too make sure we was ok, but thought it a bit funny the way they did it, blocking us in and them parking on the inside lane of a duel carriageway (a busy one at that) but for a while I thought i was in trouble in the back of the car, they almost had me convinced I had stole it.........

well its a story too tell........

pajsh

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
So nice to know it's not just me.

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

indykid

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
wasted all afternoon clearing up a big fcuking tree that fell down at my uncle's. no wind, just decided to drop about 7 this morning.

i had a really productive day planned too. engine was supposed to be in by this evening. between the tree, and my brother's punto that's ate the bearings on both rear radius arms, i've not struck a bat on the indy.

could've been worse i suppose, it could have dropped on the garage!
tom

tom Rescued attachment tree.jpg
Rescued attachment tree.jpg

Viper

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Its good to hear the police were actualy doing something , for a change........

DIY Si

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Those are some ornate gates in the back ground. Which palace does the uncle live in?
nitram38

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
The moral to the original post is buy a tent and stop clogging up our roads!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Clarkson

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/6/06 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
That DISCO is causing you a lot of bother jon

indykid

posted on 5/6/06 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Those are some ornate gates in the back ground. Which palace does the uncle live in?

i'll not say, for want of attracting unwanted visitors, but trust they are the council's finest!

tom

macspeedy

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:10 AM Reply With Quote
glad in a way i wasn't the only one that had a shi*t weekend.... http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=46199
bimbleuk

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
Either hellish to most or a great weekend to us few others......

Helped a mate to swap out his duff K series for a Sport 160 engine in an S1 Elise. To its credit the original engine had done 85K hard track/sprint miles before a duff Woodruff key and a loose pulley knackered the head. A great opportunity to bolt on lots of new shiny performance parts too

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.