Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: south brummy meet pics
omega0684

posted on 6/6/06 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
south brummy meet pics

right chaps, for all of you in the south birmingham area, you missed a great time last night at the south brum meet. pics below

collins BEC, it has a yamaha R1 engine, and my ride for the night, my first time in a BEC and im sure collin did his best to scare the s**t out of me.

next up, chris and vicky's westy, very nice indeed, and im sure vicky will take credit for her little beauty!

big up the pinto power, thats what im going for! apart from a small lapse in power due to a dogey alternator.(correct me if im wrong) they managed to keep up until the pub

lots of red car last night, here is johns se7en, liking them side screens john

and finally i think the little star of the show, a lilttle bit of MOJO madness, neils mojo was an awesome addition to the convoy that was disturbing the piece through stratford city centre last night

we also had Dave Ashurst's car with dave as a passenger, unfortunately i didn't get a picture, sorry dave

this is a picture of the view from the beer garden, superb in my opinion

the gang

Can i just add, that all our thoughts go out to Justin, who unfortunately unable to attend due to a family emergency, all the best Justin, hope all is well

Well guys you have now seen what the meets are like, so lets hope we can get even more cars next month!

[Edited on 6/6/06 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nre

posted on 6/6/06 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Great pics!

Neil

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

omega0684

posted on 6/6/06 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
mmmmmm new career perhaps?????????????????????

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CorseChris

posted on 6/6/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to all for making us feel so welcome on our first outing. I promise to check etiquette for leading convoys next time

Like the report

Great venue as well - loved that view.

JAG

posted on 6/6/06 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

Glad you all had a great time and gutted that I couldn't come

Pictures are the next best thing - nice work

We'll be doing another Drive-PUB-Drive evening on the first Monday in July so keep an eye out for the posting.

Extra special apologies to Dave69isit - I was supposed to be taking him round in my car and couldn't. Sorry Mate

Wifes had to dash off to Cornwall this afternoon to see her mum in hospital

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

nre

posted on 6/6/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorseChris
I promise to check etiquette for leading convoys next time

I must've missed the banter on that subject! What *is* the etiquette?

Sorry we didn't meet Justin, hope the Mum in Law is better soon.

Neil

[Edited on 6/6/06 by nre]

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

CorseChris

posted on 6/6/06 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
None as such Neil, just that I didn't have the wit to ask 'what speed' before we set off. New to all this, you see.

Not that I think I'd be capable of leaving anybody behind if they didn't want to be.

MikeR

posted on 6/6/06 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
the 'rules' from the sevens list are simple,

Drive at what ever speed you want - except it is your responsibility to keep the guy in the mirrors behind you, not for him to keep up!

split into groups depending on peoples desires to travel at what ever speed they want (fast, slow etc)

smart51

posted on 6/6/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
it is your responsibility to keep the guy in the mirrors behind you, not for him to keep up!

That sounds fair. It is also a good idea to discuss speeds against road types as some people prefer to slow down a bit on twisty roads (usually the passengers) but are happier on wide straight roads.

If you can see 1 person behind you but not the others, it is a good idea to slow down / wait a bit / turn back and find them depending on how long they've been lost.

MikeR

posted on 6/6/06 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
in theory thats not needed with the sevens approach, as the person behind you will have the person behind them in there mirrors.

If they disappear they slow down, so you slow down.

They've done a number of tours using this principle. The hardest bit is getting the groups sorted so slow people go in slow groups - but I believe that usually only takes a morning or afternoon.

omega0684

posted on 6/6/06 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
faster the better in my opinion, especially in colins car, i had a great time and at those speeds OMG!

big thankyou to colin for letting me ride shot gun!

CHEERS BUDDY

ATB Alex

dave-69isit

posted on 6/6/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
meeting

no problems justin may be another time loverly ride out any how once i got up that big hill outside rutlle
CorseChris

posted on 7/6/06 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tips on convoy rules guys - all quite sensible and obvious really....which is no doubt why none of them ocurred to me

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.