Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ballpark Carb Setup
Ferrino

posted on 23/6/06 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ballpark Carb Setup

Started the R1 last week and the engine is idling pretty roughly (sounds fine when you rev it out of the idle circuit). What is the best I can do to get it in the ballpark before having it setup on a rolling road? I have already fitted a Dynojet kit, with ballpark needle setting and jet size (I guess this doesn't affect idle though).

Should I just set all mixture screws to 2.5 turns out (I have seen someone mention 4 is good though) and then synchronise carbs with the balancer I have borrowed?

Ferrino

posted on 25/6/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote

OX

posted on 25/6/06 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
balance the carbs then do the mixture screws ,2.5 is standard and a little weak.
start on the left hand side mixture screw and turn out very slowly untill you hear the engine revs pick up a little then do the same with the other 3 screws.you might have to lower the revs with the tickover screw to get it back to normal tickover speed and then do all 4 screws again to fine tweek

Ferrino

posted on 25/6/06 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers OX! So when do you stop richening (ie. screwing out) the mixture - when the revs no longer rise?
RichieC

posted on 25/6/06 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting thread as Im having probs at the minute. Would be a good thread to become a "sticky" - R1 tuning for idiots type thing.

Hope you get it sorted

Rich

Coose

posted on 28/6/06 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was based on Richard Miles' rolling road setup ('01 motor, Allbikes design manifold, Pipercross filter, TTS kit).

Air screws out I think 3.25 turns, fit 144 main jets, raise the needles a notch and balance the carbs. Job's a carrot!

Spin 'er off Well...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.