Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap mini cooper-s??
Danozeman

posted on 2/7/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap mini cooper-s??

Is anyone going to buy this and hold him to the £2000 buy it now?!

Read under the title.. Ebays legally binding is it not?
mini on ebay

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

joneh

posted on 2/7/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
got to be some sort of crappy scam....

omega0684

posted on 2/7/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
i aint payin 2 grand for a supercharger!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jamesbond007ltk

posted on 2/7/06 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
perhaps another bitter divorcee! women always hit a man where it hurts!
rayward

posted on 3/7/06 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
i emailed,told him i would take it, when and where could i collect and pay cash.

heres the reply.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me about the 2003 Mini Cooper S with 33500 miles.
About the car:The car is in perfect conditions ,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no engine problems.The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in. The car is still UK registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes.
The problem is that I had to move with my family in Portugal where I got a new job transfer.I brought the car here with me with the intention of driving it but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've changed my mind and I've decided to sell the vehicle.I want to sell it in UK because is still registered there.
The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is £2,000 with shipping costs included! I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by a third party,in this way both of us will be protected.They will keep the payment until you receive the item and test it.
So if you really want it please email me as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Richard

John Bonnett

posted on 3/7/06 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've just checked Ebay. The sale is over and the car unsold with, it says "No Bids". Well earlier in the day, there were 12 bids from memory and the price about £112.

Can someone explain how this can be?

John

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 3/7/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm....very suspect!

His reply seems very long winded with plenty of window dressing if u ask me!

I too saw the bids earlier today. Is it possible to remove bids? I am not sure.

It did say bids from approved bidders only though.

And who is this "third party"?

sounds like a scam to me!

I mean, who would actually say "I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate" unless it was dodgy?

SALAD

posted on 3/7/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
"I brought the car here with me with the intention of driving it but when I found out about the very high import duties.....I changed my mind..."

Either the car is in Portugal or it's in the UK?!?

Sounds like a Tw*t to me.

jeeby_man

posted on 3/7/06 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
if he said he brought the car with him to portugal then surely the car has been imported to the country and he must have paid the import duties already?
joneh

posted on 3/7/06 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
ah its got to be nutsack then. There's another one on there which is £3600 and convertible. I've emailed the seller, will post the response.

MikeRJ

posted on 3/7/06 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
It's a scam, have reported dozens of these to Ebay who usualy stop the auction. The car does not actualy exist of course, and many of the cheeky feckers use images from either old auctions or from Google images.
joneh

posted on 4/7/06 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Here's the reply to the other mini cooper on ebay. Looks very similar to the other one!

quote:

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. Although I am registered in the UK, but I recently moved in Firenze, Italy (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I made the auction for UK due to the fact it's UK version (right handed), meet all the UK standards, and its better to ship it where it belongs, that means UK, because here in Italy is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle, so I am trying to sell it as low as I can to complete the sale fast (my loss will be your gain). It still has UK registration, cos I didn't paid for Italy import. The car meets United Kingdom DOT and EPA .The car is in a perfect cosmetic and engine conditions, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents that you need.If the car is not how i described it, I will offer a full refund, upon the return of the item in original condition (return postage at my expense). It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your front door in maximum one week.

Final price is £3,600.00 (this price includes the shipping and insurance). In normal circumstances Paypal is my favorite way of receiving the payment but unfortunately for the moment I have some troubles with my paypal account and I am forced not to accept this method at this time. Anyway I hope this is not a problem because the payment process will be done through eBay.

If you agree with moving forward with the deal through eBay please email me as soon as possible YOUR FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS and I will have ebay to contact you with the transaction details in order to buy under their PURCHASE PROTECTION & REFUND PLAN.
I will wait your email
Respectfully

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 4/7/06 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
odd that there are so many mini cooper owners moving overseas!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.