Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what bike carbs
rash

posted on 6/7/06 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
what bike carbs

i am thinking of a set of bike carbs for a 2.0 pinto what carbs are suitable and besides the carbs and manifold is there anything else i would need to make it work

thanks in advance

coozer

posted on 6/7/06 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Any bank of 4 carbs from litre area bikes. I have ZZr1100 carbs for my Zetec and I know DarrenW is putting some on his 2.0 Pinto.

You will need a decent pump, I'm trying the one from the bike to start wiht and I'm using Megajolt to spark it up. Although if your using the dizzy you dont need it but youll lose the vacumm advance.

I picked my carbs up off ebay for £45 and they are 40mm. Plenty of other 'older' bikes with big carbs, GSXR's CBR's etc. Some of teh 750's have decent size (38+) carbs as well.

Steve

[Edited on 6/7/06 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Danozeman

posted on 6/7/06 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Iv got ZX9R carbs on my zetec with megajolt for ign. 38mm bodies. Running a carbed R6 fuel pump. Bike pumps are they easiest way of getting the fuel pressure right.. Make sure u dont get an injected bike pump the pressures alot higher.

I dizzy'd pinto will work fine with bike carbs.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

tim windmill

posted on 6/7/06 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
we used zx9 carbs , 40mm chokes, easy to sort out with jetting and used the bike fuel pump, they work a treat. fitted under bonnet with a suasage filter without having to cut a hole or have a bonnet bulge
jacko

posted on 6/7/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r carbs 40£ new modified dizzy 100£ home made manifold + home made air box approx 35-40 bhp extra power how good is that
Jacko
ps 10£ for a bike fuel pump

[Edited on 6/7/06 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Megatron-UK

posted on 7/7/06 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I've a set of R1 carbs away at Bogg Bros at the moment getting setup and mounted on one of their manifolds. They cost ~£80 from germany.

I've also just recieved a megajolt kit from Ray Ward that I plan to run it all with. This is for a fairly modified 2.1 Pinto.

[Edited on 7/7/06 by Megatron-UK]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.