Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Custom fuel sender
Northy

posted on 8/7/06 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Custom fuel sender

Hi all,

I guess this goes in here!

Since finishing my car I've lived with a fuel gauge that doesn't work right! With the tank full it reads less than empty and with it full it reads quarter full.

I want to get this sorted out so I can enjoy driving it, and not worrying about running out of fuel.

The sender is a dip tube type as the tank is baffled internally. Does anyone know where I can get a dip tube sender to match a Greengauges fuel gauge? I'm sure I asked this before, and got an answer but I can't find the details

Cheers,

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 8/7/06 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it goes out of range of the sender, i.e when its full theres so much reisistance there's not enough power left to raise the needle on the guage.

Does it work if you lift it in and out of the tank while watching the guage?

westf27

posted on 8/7/06 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Had that trouble with ETB sender that was a dip tube.Took the top off and adjusted two little pots. on the pcb.Hope that helps good luck

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.