Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blackbird corner weighted/setup
INDY BIRD

posted on 12/7/06 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Blackbird corner weighted/setup

I had the car corner weighted and all the suspesion professionally set up today by a caterham race team.

what a difference this has made i also fitted r888 tyres to help.

the handling is crisper and the turn in much sharper. and they set the car up so 10mm height differerance from front end to back, which i must say has made the car more stable at the 3 figures mark,+ have lost the under steer, roundabouts should be fun now.

while in the workshop i noticed some sierra diffs and as luck would have it they had a 3:38 bingo great just what i was looking for so yes you guessed its in the car.

next stop the exhaust to be sorted and R/R.

god this is getting expensive??£££££££££££££££££££££

Jon Ison

posted on 12/7/06 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I try too get this over too all that will listen, dyno the engine, flat floor the chassis, with 4 & 5 figure sums invested the cost is relatively small and the difference in performance worlds apart.

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/7/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Agree Jon

The price for the full setup including diff and fitting + the vat was £480 which i didnt think was to bad as i have seen 338 lsd go for anywhere between £100 and
£300.

next bill is R/R + exhaust should be around another £5-600.

cheers
Sean

greggors84

posted on 12/7/06 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
What weight split should we be looking for from front to rear? Or is it just important to go for the 50:50 left to right?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Ferrino

posted on 13/7/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sean, may I ask what they/you set the tracking & camber to? I'm looking for ballpark settings to try, and wonder what effect the relatively light front end would have on trakcing/camber choice (ie. to try and alleviate any understeer)?
INDY BIRD

posted on 13/7/06 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
sorry cannot tell you weight split will ask him when next see him and post on the site.

the camber was 1.5 deg neg on the rear and 1 deg on the front.

he put a small amount of toe on the front which i will have to ask what that was again will post here.

i must say the front is much better at higher speeds, my brothers zx12 which is not set up yet is very light on the front end very skittish at high speeds.

the corner weight should help as he has taken my body weight into account aswell.

all up the car was around 460 kg wet with full tank of fuel.

cheers
sean

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.