Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: brakes for 13" wheels
steveholmes

posted on 20/7/06 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
brakes for 13" wheels

hi,
I have mk indy bec running sierra vented disks on front and sierra discs on rear.. Would like to fit 13 inch wheels but cannot easily find due to size of calipers. I have seen a mk that had been used for racing and this had half the caliper ground away. I don't really fancy this..anybody know of any brake solutions so i can get round this. cheers

chockymonster

posted on 20/7/06 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've fitted 13" KN Minators front and rear on my vortx.

The 6" Caterham offset (ET23) clears my front and rear calipers

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK_Bob

posted on 20/7/06 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using 13 x 7 Wellers on my sierra hubs (front and rear discs). Either a tiny bit of caliper grinding, or a set of small spacers will be needed.
jos

posted on 24/7/06 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Ive 13x6 minlites bought from an ex caterham owner and they fit very nicely over sierra calipers. The wheels weights rub slightly but when I get the tyres changed i'll get the weights moved also

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

ned

posted on 24/7/06 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
i fitted capri 2.8i 13x7's over sierra rear discs, slight tweaking of handbrake lever on caliper requried, planning on getting some cxr's soon in 13x7.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.