Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TTS Rolling Road?
Ferrino

posted on 24/7/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
TTS Rolling Road?

Looking to find a rolling road near Oxford to optimise the settings on my rejetted carbed R1 (it's pretty good at the moment, but would like to have it setup correctly) and get some stats!

TTS seems like an obvious choice, but there is also PDQ in Maidenhead. What's the service like at TTS please?

Thanks

R1minimagic

posted on 24/7/06 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Very happy with results, but they messed my throttle linkage up and had to call RAC out on the way home!!
Surrey Dave

posted on 24/7/06 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
PDQ

I've had good reports of the guys at PDQ , if I ever get my bike carbs done properly thats where I would go.
Ferrino

posted on 4/8/06 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys - went to TTS this morning and made 125 BHP @ wheels on carbed R1 (with foam filter, Dynojetting and pukka 4-2-1 exhaust). This was on their Dynojet roller (as there was not sufficient clearance for the other roller, which they commented gave "over-optimistic" horsepower readings).

Turns out my initial settings of 144 mains and needle on groove #3 (taken from Rich Miles) were spot-on, but the operator needed to turn the idle mixture screws out 4 turns in order to clean up the idle and correct a small starting issue I had, from being too lean.

After the well-known flatspot at 5,500-ish RPM, the power delivery is really smooth, right up to max-power @ 10,800-ish. Kind of expected a slightly higher max-power reading but appreciate that there is a lot of variability in rolling roads (and even on the same site!).

Coose

posted on 4/8/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent news! I wouldn't have expected a true reading of anything more - most dynos and operators exaggerate!

That also goes to prove that my Striker doesn't need to be dyno'd as it's set up the same as yours and Rich's!

Spin 'er off Well...

bike_power

posted on 6/8/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
TTS are pretty good generally, was it Chris you dealt with ? (ex Cosworth I believe)
skydivepaul

posted on 6/8/06 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had the R1 indy on the rollers at holeshot a few weeks back. 125BHP at the rear wheels with a pipercross filter, tts jet kit and MK's 4-2-1 exhaust. the guy at holeshot reckoned that was a good reading for a carbed R1. ended up with 148 mains and the needle on the leanest clip. drives like a good un now.

sounds like yours is set up good too.

cheers
Paul

[Edited on 6/8/06 by skydivepaul]

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Ferrino

posted on 8/8/06 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure the name of the operator at TTS, but he did remark that 125BHP at wheels was sensible for an R1 with the usual car bits (foam filter, rejet etc...).

Did my first ever trackday yesterday (Keevil airfield) and can confirm that the carbs are setup extremely well - the power is delivered really smoothly and the handling is peachy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.