Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: n00b alert
2Fast

posted on 3/8/06 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
n00b alert

Just thought i'd say hello.

A couple of members, Scouse Monkey and Cloudy already know me from another forum and Scouse pointed me here.

I tried to build a Locost years ago by following the infamous Haynes manual but i didn't get very far, this time will be different though as i now have fabricating knowledge and welding skills, i also have my MR2 Turbo which is falling to pieces and the engine needs a new home

cloudy

posted on 3/8/06 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
hey bud

www.warnercars.com

Pezza

posted on 3/8/06 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
lo dude

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

James

posted on 3/8/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
May I be the first to say the now traditional Welcome to the Madhouse!

Sounds like an interesting engine choice, keep us updated on your progress, it's nice to see someone doing something a little different than a Pinto!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

2Fast

posted on 3/8/06 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi James

quote:
Originally posted by JamesSounds like an interesting engine choice, keep us updated on your progress, it's nice to see someone doing something a little different than a Pinto!

What'll be interesting will be the wiring and conversion to RWD
Should be fun with 220-250BHP standard and 0-60 in 6.18secs in it's current form.

[Edited on 3/8/06 by 2Fast]

quinnj3

posted on 3/8/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
so you don't wanna try a mid engined locost then? It would be hard work but so is building a normal locost anyway.

I'm fairly new here myself unfortunately i seem to be spending more time readin the forums than building

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

2Fast

posted on 3/8/06 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking about a mid-engined version but i've always liked the proportions of the lotus 7.
The 3SGTE engine with the turbo and inlet is quite wide at the top so the cabin would have to move quite far forward and that would ruin the shape, with it at the front it would clear the +442 chassis only needind a bulge or two in the bonnet.

Another thing about a mid-engined version is the weight distribution, it would be too far towards the back leading to oversteer.

Russ-Turner

posted on 3/8/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quinnj3
unfortunately i seem to be spending more time readin the forums than building

I thought that was just me!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.