Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford CD Changer
greggors84

posted on 20/8/06 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ford CD Changer

Can a ford CD changer be used with a normal car stereo with a cd changer input?

I know most manufacturers use different leads but is there any that will accept the ford changer maybe with a adaptor.

Also anyone know of any decent 1.5 Din car stereos?

Cheers

ash_hammond

posted on 20/8/06 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
As en ex halfords employee, this was a popular question we used to get on the audio desk. The sort answer is not really, for the time and hassle it would take to make/find an adaptor you might aswell buy one. (no sales speach intended) They used to do a 12 disc changer with a jvc head unit for 129.99. As good as a ford unit may be worth a look on there web site.

Ash

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

k33ts

posted on 20/8/06 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
youd be better off buying a single din mp3 player and face adapter.
or one with an aux in if youve got an ipod

tukcustoms.com

indykid

posted on 20/8/06 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
but the jvc changer pack is a great big bag of crap! (sorry if anyone's got one!)

1.5 din? what's it for?

fascia adaptor plates are £13.99 for the autoleads one from halfords, same for the harness adaptor (try ebay first though, and try and get autoleads stuff, rather than the really cheap crap)
the sony gt200 is a good deal atm, £100 iirc, mp3 headunit, front mounted aux in. gt300, bigger display, drop down front same front aux in, £150. write an mp3 cd, and i can't see any point in having a cd changer anyway. ( i work for halfords, but it makes no odds to me where you buy your stuff from. i'm not on comission anyway)

alternatively, the jvc 12 disc mp3 changer - overkill or what! still the same crap tape head unit they've always stuck in the pack, but £200. it's cheap for a reason though stay away from jvc car audio!

it's not worth trying to convert changers from one manufacturer to another. none of the aftermarket suppliers i've ever dealt with entertain it, so i'd advise you don't either, unless you want an odd project.
tom

[Edited on 20/8/06 by indykid]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.