Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NEWLANDS CORNER 1st June
donut

posted on 15/5/03 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
NEWLANDS CORNER 1st June

1st person to turn up in a kit car gets a free cup of tea!!!

Andy - the stingey one!!

[Edited on 15/5/03 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/03 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
thatl be me

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

donut

posted on 15/5/03 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
If it is you i'll buy you breakfast too!!! then i'll punch you in the nose for beating me on the road!!!

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/03 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
seing as i have most the parts you need to complete your car de dum de dum de dum

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

donut

posted on 15/5/03 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah...erm....er...sorry!!

I'll buy you breckie to make up for it

Andy

Findlay234

posted on 15/5/03 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
youre way too easy with giving out brekkies here, youre gonna give the rest of us a bad name for being tight!!!!!!
theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/03 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
its the bos,s privelige to buy all his subjects brecky

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

donut

posted on 15/5/03 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad you know your place!!!!!!

Andy

James

posted on 28/5/03 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
What time we meeting?

9.30 ok for everyone? I prefer earlier personally as it means more build time afterwards... maybe ....

Cheers,

James

ned

posted on 28/5/03 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
I should be able to pop along, would be nice to see some cars out!! Hope the party I'm off to on saturday night doesn't go on too long....

ChrisW, you gonna be there? I owe you some money if you remember!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

donut

posted on 28/5/03 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
James: 9:30 sounds perfik. Bob should be there too.

Ned: I doubt there will be any cars there unless Merlin or Hicost turn up. John will have to get a real move on if he's to get his there by Sunday........how about it john? recon you can get it done by Sunday?????????

Andy

Andy

ned

posted on 28/5/03 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
nevermind i guess, it's just I'm hankering for a ride in one!!

My engine is stripped now, but looks like it'll need a rebore or resleeving, more time and money. grrrrr.

donut

posted on 28/5/03 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
You can have a ride in mine but it's a bit slow.........no engine!!!!

Andy

Andy

Deckman001

posted on 28/5/03 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there too, still no car though
On the subject, has anyone got an 18mm tap for the transit ball joint thread in the top wishbone I could borrow, I think the thread in mine are a bit small and need recutting, I'll bring the bits on sun for some professional advice
Cheers
Jason

ned

posted on 29/5/03 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
donut, you tow and I'll steer

do the brakes work (does it have any?)

donut

posted on 29/5/03 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Well it has no brakes (no fluid!) and i have yet to put in the steering column to the rack so that would make one hell of an interesting drive!!

I think i'll keep it in the garage till it's done!

Andy

Andy

Jasper

posted on 29/5/03 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I could, theoretically drive mine there, but the lack of front wings and no rear indicators might be a bit of a problem!
ned

posted on 29/5/03 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, go on jasper, you've got arms for indicators and as far as the front wings go, if you get stopped 'oh, well they were there when i left officer' or something similar, I'm sure you can improvise!

I thought you bought rear light clusters at stoneleigh, or have you not had time to wire them up?

Ned.

[Edited on 29/5/03 by ned]

donut

posted on 29/5/03 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper: Did you not ever watch Blue Peter? A couple bit's of cardboard from an old cerial packes and some sticky backed plastic and hey presto....new wings!!!

Andy - the stupid one! D'OH!

Andy

Jasper

posted on 29/5/03 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Got the wings, it's folding the brackets I'm not looking forward to. Done 1 out of 4 so far, and that took about a hour to get right!

The rest of the car has been put together in good Blue Peter style, don't worry!

Ned, the indicators I bought at Stoneleigh will be on the next visit to the garage, which will probably be Monday am.

I'm getting really close to finishing now, just wanna spend every waking moment out their to get it done while the weather is good. Final jobs are the rear lights, fitting the dash (which is all finished), bolting in seats and harnesses, doing front wings, and lastly bonnet catches and it's done! Then down to my local friendly garage to get the tracking/camber sorted.

ned

posted on 29/5/03 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
well done jasper, sounds like its progressing very well, can i book in my ride early for july's newlands corner meet?

cheers,

Ned.

Jasper

posted on 29/5/03 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Here's hoping - gonna miss this weeks to concentrate on finishing it off.
Deckman001

posted on 30/5/03 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Any one going this sunday able to lend me an M18 tap for the top wish bones
( If I don't ask, what chance have I of gettin)

Jason

James

posted on 31/5/03 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

+ I recked the Stack dash in Ireland, this will be back Tuesday.

Sounds pricey!

Or is it under warranty?

James

merlin

posted on 1/6/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
note to Jasper

Just carry a can of Red Bull in case you get stopped! If you do get stopped you just drink it! see!!!

shit happens! (but why always to me!!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.