Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Great british auto jumble
gbs

posted on 26/9/06 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Great british auto jumble

Post Removed. Robin Hood/Lolocost staff or associates are not permitted to use Locostbuilders.

[Edited on 10/3/2006 by ChrisW]

Pdlewis

posted on 26/9/06 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Good work guys

Catpuss

posted on 26/9/06 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
ohh weekend of my birthday too. I wonder if I'll convince SWMBO that I can go on a road trip
graememk

posted on 26/9/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
might be worth popping over to
marcjagman

posted on 26/9/06 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I'm there without a doubt
barrie sharp

posted on 27/9/06 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
What about giving the parts to the people that have brought kits from RHSC incomplete (because they were waiting for parts to be delivered) and now GBS wont supply them. Insted GBS offer to sell them the parts. not much goodwill there.
Not good for a new firm looking for business.
Just my view and not one of the management

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Volvorsport

posted on 27/9/06 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
if anybody spots my tools that went missing while they theyre , ill gladly have em back .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

dozracing

posted on 30/9/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
My freind wouldn't mind his £16,000 worth of stuff back, that he was cheated out of.

I'm sure all the other suppliers wouldn't mind a trip to collect some stock to pay off their debts as well.

What about the customers of the Lightweight, who can't for love nor money get them through SVA, perhaps they wouldn't mind something in return for their losses.

All in very bad taste, how current RHS personnel suddenly acquire the company lock stock and barrel, and a year after the mega money management paid a fortune for it, and seem in recent months to have placed larger and larger orders with each supplier promising them payment and never delivering, tempting them with ever increasing volumes to keep them onboard.

The only justice in my mind is that, there are hundreds of RHS customer out there, who aren't stupid, and the products are so bad that they must give the staff at RHS (GBS) absolute hell. Wouldn't fancy being a buyer at RHS at the moment, can't imagine there are many suppliers interested letting them open accounts.

I've already offered RHS customers a £250 discount off a kit, if they have lost of their deposits with RHS or Luego. Would rather loose £250 myself than see honest people lose out. Rather see more Panthers out there, made with care and attention, than poorly designed, mass manufactured scrap metal made by people who simply don't understand or care about the end product that the customer receives.

Maybe GBS will get upset with this posting. Perhaps in that case they'll address the real issues, and do something of substance to help out everyone who lost out. One things for certain the new owners feel they have a bargain and are on a winner, how about spreading the good will back to your customer base, that lost out in order for you to have such good fortune.

I offer you all the luck in the world so long as you vow to do a much better job of being honest and caring for your suppliers and customers. There is a lot of people out there hoping you fail, because they have lost out big time for you to get into this position. I don't see its asking for much to repay them a little by running things more honestly this time around.

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gbs

posted on 2/10/06 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
gbs

Customers of Robin Hood who had placed deposits for kits either had their deposits returned or recieved their kits
On most occasions in last 2 months we reduced the price of the kit to reflect the parts not supplied
Any customer short of parts from previous months will be supplied at cost

Robin Hood was a hugly successfull business and would still have been if you extract the cost incured out of the Segal/Issacs ownership
The company is now owned by people who want to be succesfull in the kit car industry they are not property moguls and have no involvement in any other businesses

Ian and Richard have not benefited in any way from the demise of RH,they paid a fair market price for the assetts and have invested their own money to hopefully make this work and keep the staff at RH in work

We attempted to buy the company as a going concern as its trade debt was not that large but the level of debt owed to Barclays Bank for the properties were well over £2m! and could not be seperated
we are commited to the Robin Hood brand and to the industry and we accept we will have to deal with people unhappy with their loss even though it has nothing to do with us (they need to chase Segal & Issacs)
and hope no other supplier to this industry suffer the fate of administration or closure in these difficult times

dozracing

posted on 2/10/06 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
To quote one of your suppliers, the same people who ran it in to the ground are now the new owners.

Also, allegedly, the new owners started buying RH company assets just days before RH called in the administrators.

Like i've always said, who was Robin Hood? A thieving bastard!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kitcarman

posted on 3/10/06 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
It does seem very strange that it’s ‘business as usual’ even before the dust has settled, yet alone the air cleared.

Den.

dozracing

posted on 3/10/06 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure i have the bottle to post the latest information i have received regarding the RHS saga.

Wow, something smells mighty whiffy to quote one of the magazines that have responded to these postings.

scotmac

posted on 4/10/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Where is this magazine article??? And why was GBS banned??
iank

posted on 4/10/06 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
kitcarman is Den Tanner (see his one previous post), so I assume it's "Kitcar Magazine"

As to why ChrisW has banned gbs/RobinHood I have no idea.

scotty g

posted on 6/10/06 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
i think Den has a very good point.
I don't claim to have the sharpest business brain but i have run my own succesfull company before and it seems to me that this has been planned for some time, the transition has been far too seemless

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.