Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake fluid reservoir pipes
GregMcN

posted on 1/10/06 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
brake fluid reservoir pipes

I am having trouble sealing the rubber pipes from the reservoir to the master cylinders as the i.d. is quite a bit larger than the copper pipes that attach to the cylinders. I wondered what type of tubing is OK, I have some smaller diameter rubber fuel pipe - could I use this?

Thanks Greg

RazMan

posted on 1/10/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
If it is for SVA then only approved and marked pipe is ok. Sometimes you can get away with some fuel pipe but it will 'sweat' after a while so not a long term solution.
Think Auto do 7mm & 8mm with the correct spec.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wicket

posted on 1/10/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using the fitting shown below to connect to the m/c, or are you using copper brake pipe? Rescued attachment gmc-rr-po.jpg
Rescued attachment gmc-rr-po.jpg

GregMcN

posted on 1/10/06 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi wicket

I am using copper brake pipe - I have not seen those fittings before

Greg

amalyos

posted on 2/10/06 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
You can get the brake pipe from Burton's Motorsport. It's a lot cheaper than what I paid for it at one of the shows.

Steve.

chockymonster

posted on 2/10/06 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
You can get the brake pipe from Burton's Motorsport. It's a lot cheaper than what I paid for it at one of the shows.

Steve.

Does that mean that the pipe that MNR supplied isn't useable?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
amalyos

posted on 2/10/06 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know, as I didn't get any from MNR.
You need the cotton braided hose, specific for Brake fluid. If you use fuel hose it will sweat very quickly.

Steve

RichieC

posted on 2/10/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Couple of options. Get the copper pipes cut down and re flared to a wider diameter at your local factors or use the screw in adaptors above (you need 7/16" for the cylinders).

Unfortunately, the hose I had from MNR isnt brake fluid compatible, its purely fuel hose. You could argue the point at SVA by supplying a spec sheet but it will sweat into the fluid.

Some of the cotton or stainless braided stuff is compatible. I picked up a length from a local motorsport dealer and its the same as this spec sheet.

[Edited on 2/10/06 by RichieC]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.