Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New R1 Indy on road now off it!
timbo

posted on 10/10/06 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
New R1 Indy on road now off it!

Good evening all, I am new to the site but have read many a tpic over the last year .Ihave finished building an MK Indy R1. I have just put most the details of my tail of woe on the main site under transmission etc. I could not work out how to get it on here without re-typing! In a nut shell passed SVA on 2nd attempt a couple of weeks ago,got Q plate after waiting a week, drove it twice £900 '98 engine,bounces in 4th gear now makes noise when clutch pressed, off road, no money ,wife had enough, me suicidal tendences. Bloke who I bought it off who advertises on this site not answering my calls, can anyone help, what is the cheapest and safest way to sort a potentially knackered gear box,transmission without again being ripped off, Help me please.
StevieB

posted on 10/10/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, welcome and commiserations!

Try Malc (Yorkshire Engines) - always got some good products and not a complaint to be had!

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 10/10/06 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Timbo welcome as a poster

Oh dear sorry to hear about your gearbox woes!

I haven't a clue about R1 gearboxes other than your's isn't the only one to have failed lately but there are many on here, as you probably already know, who are well clue'd up and will hopefully point you in the right direction to solving this.

Hopefully its something simple and you'll soon get a chance to enjoy your car

chockymonster

posted on 10/10/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Speak to Malc at Yorkshire Engines, he's a mine of knowledge when it comes to bike engines.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richijenkin

posted on 10/10/06 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Did you get it off Colibraman? I dont like to name names but he did the same to me.
I think you just have to make sure you get the most warrenty you can on the engine and put it in straight-away. And buy it from your nearest breakers thats been around for awhile.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Manic mechanic

posted on 11/10/06 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Try Matt at MJC motorcycles Frones close Enderby, he's one of the best bike mechanics I know.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.