Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: are stick on front number plates legal / sva compliant?????
eddie

posted on 1/6/03 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
are stick on front number plates legal / sva compliant?????

thinking of using a stick on number plate for the front (think E type Jag, works minis etc)

is this legal over the front top of the nose cone????

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 1/6/03 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
You won't have a number plate till after SVA. They are supposed to be on a flat background and horizontally mounted for MOT and road use but I suppose you could get away with it.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

merlin

posted on 1/6/03 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
stick ons

I think you will find on the DVLA website a section relating to this and there is a stipulation that they must be as near vertical as possible. And believe me, if you ever want to remove it, they are a real bitch!!!!! especially from grp.

shit happens! (but why always to me!!)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 1/6/03 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, meant vertical.

I often get them mixed up, which way is perpendicular gets me as well..

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

robinbastd

posted on 1/6/03 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've had no problems in 5 years with regards to stick-on number plates. Problems with just about everything else in that time though!!!!!
Ian

David Jenkins

posted on 2/6/03 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I often get them mixed up, which way is perpendicular gets me as well..

yours, Pete.

There's a Suffolk word that I hear now and again, that always sounds just right...

slantendicular

i.e. not quite as vertical as it should be!

DJ

Peteff

posted on 2/6/03 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Slantendicular now used instead of castor angle.

Great new technical term David, will be used to great effect no doubt. There's a telegraph pole like that across from our house..

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

Rorty

posted on 7/7/03 at 02:44 AM Reply With Quote
merlin:
quote:

if you ever want to remove it, they are a real bitch!!!!! especially from grp.

Use a hair dryer to soften the sticky-backed vinyl. When you can lift one corner, and get a grip of the sticker, keep the dryer focused on the area just ahead of where you're peeling it off.

I've just recieved an update from a font site, and they've just released the official UK number plate font. If you download it, and type up your registration number, you can then either take it or email it to one of those computer-cut vinyl sign places, and have your number plates made up cheaply.

Number plate font.

[Edited on 7/7/03 by Rorty]

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

Peteff

posted on 7/7/03 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I got a new plate last week.

I had to take my log book,gas bill(or phone,electric) and license(passport will do). I almost felt guilty going for one.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

andyps

posted on 7/7/03 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I had to take my log book,gas bill(or phone,electric) and license(passport will do). I almost felt guilty going for one.

Plus if you pay by credit or debit card they keep the card number on record against the number plate transaction - presumably to make it easier to get the fine from any speeding offence carried out by that vehicle

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Doc

posted on 23/7/03 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at
Stick on Plates

GO

posted on 24/7/03 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, it doesn't say that stick-ons aren't allowed, just that they don't know of any that meet the regs. Nice and clear then!!!

I put a stick on my main car, I told at the time that the reason stick-ons weren't allowed was because they're not reflective. However, I did find a place that sold reflective stick-ons:

I got mine from Kenlee in Romford - 01708 728619, don't seem to have a website unfortunately.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.