Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Roadside Cover
nicksertis

posted on 25/11/06 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Roadside Cover

Hi,

Just wondering which roadside cover everyone has? Being from Australia I've found that things work differently over here so thought I'd try and get some local advice. I live in London if that makes any difference.

Ideally I want cover on my car and any other that I happen to be in or driving. The main thing I'm looking for is roadside assistance, free tows if I break down and home service if I can't get started.

RAC looks to have the best priced cover. But I don't know of any one else apart from the AA, who I've had negative experiences from in the past. Is there any other good options?

Cheers in advance for the advice!

Nick

mark chandler

posted on 25/11/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I,ve got RAC via Norwich Union, costs around £70.

Got collected 3 x last year on my bike and once when my car caught fire with trailer.

Recovery was slow but I am covered any vehicle that I,m travelling in, even if thats as a passenger.

Okay not the cheapest but its worked really well for me.

Regards Mark

oliwb

posted on 25/11/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Only other one I can think of is Green Flag, my grandfather was with them and they were quick to help when he broke down on a visit to get the paper one sunday morning.....I'm with the AA, never had to actually use them until my SVA (when they wouldn't tow me as my car wasn't road legal! - the engine blew up as I pulled into the car park....not a great first impression!) Dad's with RAC and used them once or twice and he still with them so they can't be too bad! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chriscook

posted on 25/11/06 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with GEM, cheaper than AA, RAC etc and reputedly good - not had to use them myself tho.
steve m

posted on 25/11/06 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I am with the AA, and in the past used them 4 times in 3 days !!!!

back in 1999, donnington show with my car not even up to 400 miles on the clock, i broke down twice on the way, and twice on the way home !!

It transpired that in "my wisdom"
I chopped out the ballast wire , in the ignition circuit, and managed to cook at least 3 coils in 3 days

I learnt a lot from that!

thats why i cant be bothered to put the car back on the road

thunderace

posted on 25/11/06 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
i have the AA but have only ever used my brothers ist a lot quicker than the AA ,told me last time that there bike trailer was on a job and would be with me in 1-2hrs i told them ok ,them phone my bro 15mins later he was there in the pising rain with my bike trailer .hes a hero i was tyred wet and pissed off as i had pushed the bike 1/2 a mile on the motorway ,i was coming back from a service ,and they had made an ass of it . Rescued attachment Copy of Picture 039.jpg
Rescued attachment Copy of Picture 039.jpg

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.