Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Important!
carlgeldard

posted on 11/1/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Important!

Important!
Pass it on. It only takes a minute.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.
A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times.

They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects them.

TimC

posted on 11/1/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
If that happens, that'll be it - I'll be outa here. Canada/NZ wherever!

Tinks

posted on 11/1/07 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Me too this Country is down the pan ... and fast ........ Lived in the States for 2 years WHY did I come back?
jos

posted on 11/1/07 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
signed!!!!!

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Marlon

posted on 11/1/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
signed for me & swmbo though she doesn't know it yet!!

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

Peteff

posted on 11/1/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Like that's ever going to happen.

Keep an eye on your inbox spam now you've signed it.
I'm going to pay £200 I probably can't afford for something I don't want and then a monthly payment on top to keep using it so someone can violate my right to privacy. That's bullpoop of a completely new order, who thought it up?

[Edited on 11/1/07 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mike S

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I don't disagree, but I think they are playing a psycological game with this.

Get everyone steamed up about road charging and 2 hundred quid for the tracker. Then they "give in" and stick a load more on fuel or something, and everyone goes "thank god for that".

It the same old game they play leaking a paper that say, pushes for a tax rise of 20%. They then come out saying they are bowing to pressure and only (ONLY) going to put it up 10%. And they think we will be happy.

When you think of the tax you pay when you earn your wages and then add up the tax you pay on purchases you make (particularly when it comes to cars and fuel) the pound you earn can only be worth about 20p in reality!

Really p****s you off.

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

Catpuss

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S
I don't disagree, but I think they are playing a psycological game with this.

Get everyone steamed up about road charging and 2 hundred quid for the tracker. Then they "give in" and stick a load more on fuel or something, and everyone goes "thank god for that".

It the same old game they play leaking a paper that say, pushes for a tax rise of 20%. They then come out saying they are bowing to pressure and only (ONLY) going to put it up 10%. And they think we will be happy.

When you think of the tax you pay when you earn your wages and then add up the tax you pay on purchases you make (particularly when it comes to cars and fuel) the pound you earn can only be worth about 20p in reality!

Really p****s you off.

Mike

The "leak" to the papers is the fishing expedition to gauge public response but stilll with plausible deniability.

The 20% -> 10% is what standard negotiation practice has used ever since. See the film "A Beutiful Mind" IIRC for how it was developed into the mathmatical theory of today.

JUD

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S

Yup - I reckon you're right there. Give the government's ability to cock up IT programs the likelihood of them sorting this in the near future is quite remote, so a touch of scare mongering followed by only a "slight hike" in fuel tax or road tax and we all breath a sigh of relief - when actually we have been butt-f@cked yet again!

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

Macbeast

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Signed

Damn!! Now he knows where I live !!

Excuse me, there's someone at the door....

[Edited on 11/1/07 by Macbeast]

the_fbi

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Has the search engine stopped working on here, or do people just like seeing the same threads over and over again a day or 2 apart?
JoelP

posted on 11/1/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
rather than all of us vacating the country, why dont we just send the government off to a remote island instead?!
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 11/1/07 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
rather than all of us vacating the country, why dont we just send the government off to a remote island instead?!

I fully agree to that. I'm already a "libertarian anarchist;" If they fit these things to cars, we'll find a way round it, like with every thing else. To every problem theres a solution - Speed cameras - Laser and Photo Jammers. Goverment black box - hammer . . . .
Regards
Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.