Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Centre mirror
GregMcN

posted on 13/2/07 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Centre mirror

Starting to think about mirrors - does a flat or convex lens centre mirror work best?

Cheers Greg

chockymonster

posted on 13/2/07 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
convex.

Flat mirror shows not a lot.
I've got a racetech convex centre mirror. It's perfect.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 13/2/07 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
i'd personally go for convex side mirrors and a flat centre.

you don't gain as much in the middle with a convex mirror as the seats block most of the peripheral vision it offers. just get a decent sized flat one.

it'd take some getting used to too!
tom

The Great Fandango

posted on 14/2/07 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
I'm presuming you have an aeroscreen rather than a windscreen?...

The racetech convex mirror seemed the obvious choice for me in the centre. You definitely see a lot more from a convex than a flat centre mirror.

You can buy the racetech mirrors from Rally Designs. £19.99 but by the time you've paid VAT and P&P you're looking at the thick end of £32.00.

The racetech's a good choice because it's (i) far cheaper than the spa equivalent (ii) bolted good'n'proper with three bolts and (iii) doesn't wobble in the wind that much.

I do agree with what has been said above. A good set of wing mirrors is SO much better than any centre mirror. With this in mind do not go for tiny wing mirrors. I made that mistake recently.

The general concensus for the wing mirrors amongst a lot of seven drivers is that the original Suzuki GSX-R mirrors are (i) a good looking mirror, (ii) quite aerodynamic (iii) easily adjustable (iv) easy to fit (v) large viewing area and finally (vi) stay on well as they have two bolts per mirror.

Sorry for the waffle but hope this is of some help?

Cheers

Kyle

[Edited on 14/2/07 by The Great Fandango]

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

worX

posted on 14/2/07 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
I understand it's not that relevant, and I'm probably hinting at post SVA but, since I took the mirrors off my road bike ( http://www.p4nts.co.uk/bike ) I have been riding twice as fast as I did before!!!
(probably as I now can't see if the Blue Fuzz wanna pull me over!!!)

zetec7

posted on 14/2/07 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Or, as the mad Italian Ferrari driver in the movie "the Gumball Rally" said, as he broke off and tossed overboard the inside mirror of his car, "Whatsa' behina' me doesa not matter." Mirrors are for people for whom where they've been is more important than where they're going!

http://www.freewebs.com/zetec7/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Phil.J

posted on 14/2/07 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd go for flat mirrors everytime. I get really irritated with modern car mirrors which give a distorted rearward view, its so hard to judge distances correctly and useless when using them for reversing.
ATB
Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.