Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buyers beware....
oliwb

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Buyers beware....

This guy's nearly as bad as Darren Bought a set of rear light off him on the 11th of February and paid immedeatly using paypal. I e-mailed him yesterday asking whether the lights had been posted or if they were out of stock and have had no reply. Thats 10 days from placing the order and nothing! Considering he spouts some amount of crap about leaving feedback for anyone who leaves negative and having to do it in timeframes etc you would have expected the service to be no-nonsense! Oh dear....Oli.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290069177129&rd=1&rd=1 />
Ps.
I know it says do not e-mail me on the bottom of the page but what are you supposed to do if the phone rings out everytime you try.....6 times today throughout! And surely if he uses ebay he must have e-mail.....annoying!

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rayward

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
i got mine from him, and they arrived within a couple of days

a couple of the screws were missing though and he never replied to my email reagrding that

Ray

BenB

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Strange that he's got good feedback and not many mutual withdraws... Maybe he's just on holiday and stupidly hasn't modified the listing or something like that.... Hope so- with that feedback rating I'd expect a reasonable service though can understand why 10/7 later you'ld be a bit annoyed!
stevec

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have placed two orders with them and both arrived within a few days. the stuff that came today is what I bought on Sunday, so call that 3 days. They did not respond to a message I sent the first time I bought some lights regarding a couple of missing screws.
Hope you get it sorted.
Steve.

mark chandler

posted on 21/2/07 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
£42.98 for 4 lights, I got mine direct from bearmach for less than £6 each with bulbs ! You need to try harder.

Can you get a refund ?

[Edited on 21/2/07 by mark chandler]

Confused but excited.

posted on 21/2/07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
I presume that you read his feedback before buying and then as an adult you made your choice.
Why bring Darren into it?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Peteff

posted on 21/2/07 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
From his description

Negative feedback will be given those who give negative or neutral feedback, I will leave feedback when you have left mine, yours will be within 30 days from end of sale, if you do not like my terms do not buy I Just want buyers.
I don't like his terms so I don't buy from him, if his threats were reported to ebay they would warn him about his wording.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

BenB

posted on 21/2/07 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Negative feedback will be given those who give negative or neutral feedback, I will leave feedback when you have left mine, yours will be within 30 days from end of sale, if you do not like my terms do not buy I Just want buyers.
I don't like his terms so I don't buy from him, if his threats were reported to ebay they would warn him about his wording.

Actually, 'tis true. That kind of behaviour sucks. I guess he doesn't get much neutral feedback- after all, if he's going to neg you, you may as well give him a seriously poo feedback.... I think neutral feedback is often quite a reasonble thing to leave IE not over-the-moon with the customer service, not homicidally pissed off....

Aloupol

posted on 22/2/07 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Negative feedback will be given those who give negative or neutral feedback, I will leave feedback when you have left mine.

This is unfair. eBay should hold the feedback secret until both contractants have posted theirs.

UncleFista

posted on 22/2/07 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
I bought some lights off the bloke, I didn't like the look of his terms and conditions, so went to his "shop" as it's only a couple of miles away.
It's a 1 man band type affair and he does lots of Land Rover shows, he might just be away for a week, you never know.

Crap customer service though

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

nitram38

posted on 22/2/07 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
If you paid via paypal then just file a dispute.
If he doesn't respond to paypal. you will automatcally get a refund. Can't remember if it is 7 or 10 days but you will get your money.

Mike S

posted on 22/2/07 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
For what it's worth we are seeing more and more sellers doing the "if you leave me negative feedback then I will to you" even if you have paid by paypal instantly.

I think the sugestion that the feedback remains secret until both parties have posted would be a better way.

He could still be a sh1t, but at least he would be doing it blind!

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

chris_harris_

posted on 22/2/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a shame i was thinking of getting some of these, but it doesn't say if they are e marked. However if the service is naff then i won't.

Mark Chandler, do you have any part no.s for Bearmach.

Regards Chris

zxrlocost

posted on 22/2/07 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
once again again we see a bad attitude seller having no problem selling his items

I really am going to have to change my sales approach

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ReMan

posted on 22/2/07 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
This gent and his T&C's have been discused at least once before here.
Overall his feedback is very good and the comments are positive, but, as mentioned, would you dare leave bad?
I for one would not touch him even if he was giving the stuff away as on a percentage basis his negging you will hurt more than you negging him.
There are too many dodgy sellers on there already, without ANY T&C's at all without choosing one thats on a downer before you have the goods, I even avoid sellers with to much bad grammar and spelling mistakes, it just does'nt inspire confidence.
Call me over cautious if you like, but as they say a fool and his money are easily parted.
Regards
Mr Cautious!

greggors84

posted on 22/2/07 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
I bought an engine mount from ebay and paid as soon as the auction ended. Didnt receive my item for a month, he replied to my first email after a week but didnt reply after that. I filed a report with paypal, he then sent the item.

I left him neg feedback saying I only received the item after filing a dispute and then it was a month late. He responded giving me negative feedback, saying I was an idiot and warning people not to trust me! I left a calm follow up explaining the situation.

Annoying as its my only negative in 120 feedback.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Jon Ison

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Here

On principle I would not buy from him, someone else can have my hard earned money.

oliwb

posted on 22/2/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
I know I'm mad with myself because I remember it being discussed on here and thinking "what an arse he must be" but yet laziness finds me at the door of temptation and so I went for them without bothering to shop about. Oh well paypal dispute here we come.....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 22/2/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.Why bring Darren into it?

if you were on the ball you would know that, Oli's comment was purely tongue in cheek, especially just after receiving the parcel he did tonight............

Sorry,
As intonation is not readily perceiveable from text, I assumed that was why we have and use the icons.
Would you like me to stand in the corner?
Regards,
John.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

JoelP

posted on 22/2/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
im tempted to buy something and neg him myself, just cos of his terms! I dont actually care about a neg myself, as they can easily be explained.
Donners90

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried ringing him?

Looks like his phone number is in the title of his ebay shop!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.