Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello (newbie)
owbow

posted on 17/7/03 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hello (newbie)

right, dunno if you chaps have a 'general chat' forum so i came in here because there's the newest posts in here.. my boss has just bought a locost (i think that's what it is anyway...) the geezer who was building it was going to put a 3 litre v6 in it but is going to throw in a pinto instead now... my only concern is that being as my boss hasn't a clue, i'm going to be the one building it up from here on in...

the chap who's built it as far as here has used 2mm thick tubing... will this be a significant disadvantage weight wise or is it a popular thing to do?

personally i'm a x-flow man, but i guess the pinto will do...

we're getting it towed home next few days, when i get into it i will be posting a long list of questions i guess........

Owain.

building it, but someone else is gonna drive it... i must be daft!

Spyderman

posted on 17/7/03 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi and welcome!

As there are changes in engine being used make sure that all tubes from plans are used.
It is quite possible that some may have been omitted for engine access.

The use of 2mm tube although not unheard of is not that common as there is little to be gained from the extra wall thickness. 1.6mm is the common size!
Your only penalty should be in weight! So unless your Boss wants to race it, it shouldn't be a major concern!

Terry

Spyderman

owbow

posted on 17/7/03 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
i'm hoping that when he loses interest i'll be able to to buy it cheap... but i was thinging Nurburgring so maybe i'll try and track down a 1.6mm one maybe...?

don't really want to start off with a compromise... there'll be plenty more before i finish!!!

o

building it, but someone else is gonna drive it... i must be daft!

Gizmo

posted on 23/7/03 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
A set of Fiesta GRPII arches is what you need for that Owain !!!
Liam

posted on 24/7/03 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'd stick with that 3 litre V6! Sounds like a good idea to me - and ought to pull along that heavy tubing nicely!

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.