Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: accusump oil level
joolsmi16

posted on 25/3/07 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
accusump oil level

Hi all, I've put a shortened sump on the blackbird and running the accusump system.

My question is how do I get the addition oil into the accusump? the manual state fill as normal and open the valve when engine is running.

With the shorten sump can I put the same oil capacity as with the standard sump then open the valve on the accusump as Iam worried about overfilling and damaging the clutch?

nitram38

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Your accusump must have a capacity marked on it?
Fill your sump as normal and then overfill by adding your accusump capacity.
Run the engine and open the valve.
Recheck the oil level when you have stopped it. (don't forget to close the valve before stopping the engine first)

joolsmi16

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, still unsure how the clutch plates will cope with that much overfill, but if its only for a few minutes hope it won't matter.
bimbleuk

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
If you've got a healthy oil pump the it'll be seconds to fill the Accusump! On my CEC I fill to the full mark on the dipstick with the Accusump closed. Open the Accusump and start the car wait for the Accusump to fill and maybe a quick blip on the throttle to get approx 45 PSI registered and shut the valve before stopping the engine. Then check the oil level and top up the oil level back to full.

My shortened sump has 1 ltr capacity above standard so I'm certainly not short of oil.

Headrush

posted on 26/4/07 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Accusump

I think I understand how the accusump works now!
What initially concerned me (and I guess many others) is the thought of an extra litre or 2 of oil suddenly getting dumped into the engine. What I didnt realise is that the extra oil almost instantly gets sucked back up into the accusump reserve after the event as it repressurises and stores the oil again.
Clever design!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.