Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Roll-bar options for Avon
Cornholio351239

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Roll-bar options for Avon

I am looking for a roll-bar for a Tiger Avon. Does the one supplied by tiger have the base for the bolts? Is there anywhere else I can get one with rear braces down to the rear chassis and a diagonal brace for strength?

Are there any issues with bolting the roll-bar to the box section, I have heard somewhere that the SVA sometimes don't like this as the bolts can crush the section.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DaveFJ

posted on 3/4/07 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
If you are fitting 3 point ahrnesses then the tiger roll bar has the upper mount on the roll bar. therefore the roll bar must be bolted to the chassis with 10.9 bolts or higher. for the box section you will need to use a space tube to avoid crushing the tube.

If however you are not fitting the seatbelts to the roll bar then you can do as you please because the roll bar is not structural and SVA don't care - apparently

HTH

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

tomblyth

posted on 11/4/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you? you could contact Deneo on here he has machine and software to do your roll bar, s/steel exhausts , and also does the alloy tanks ( Fuel and coolant) prices are fair to!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.