Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: whats in the tiger performance kit
jimbona2

posted on 7/5/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
whats in the tiger performance kit

any thoughts what comes packed with the tiger performance kit? i know 45 webbers with ecu are included..

just thinking as i have time before I get to that I might as well keep a cost eye over the forums and ebay for any bits I can get separately.
cheers,

oliwb

posted on 7/5/07 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Without wanting to sound negative, but my experience with Tiger add-on "kits" are that they are over priced and normally don't include everything you need.
Admitedly its been a while since I've bought any from them and things may have changed but I would buy from someone else or gather bits up over time......Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
edspurrier

posted on 7/5/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
It's the Webcon performance kit - not installed mine yet so no comment on ease, but mine has carbs, ecu, wiring loomed and labelled, throttle position sensor, bit of fuel pipe, fixings aplenty.
cadebytiger

posted on 8/5/07 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
The be quite honest i am pissed off with all things tiger after the show. You ask them a question and unless they think they are going to get some money out of you there are not interested

Also... charging for flipin' brochure?!

jimbona2

posted on 8/5/07 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
i agree, hence asking!

any advice what I need then?

webbers, I know they are "webber twin 45s" but is that all I need to search for or is there different versions of them etc..?

thanks,

cadebytiger

posted on 8/5/07 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
An example of what is on mine

webber 45s DCOE (cheeper option would be bike carbs..don't know how they compare .. alot of people use them!)

Highflow Maifold - i think someone on here has one for sale.. have a look around

Emerald ECU (there are many different ways of getting a spark and if i were to do it again i would go for a cheeper option here - maybe megajolt or even just a dizzy with the correct weighting (there is not vacuum advance take off from webbers)

Fast road cam (i think mine is the FR22)

This is all i have and mine is supposed to make 140BHP - this i think is a generous reading!!

Hope this helps in some way. I don't know what comes in the tiger kit or how much it costs but i would have thought you can do a better job getting the stuff yourself

Things come up on here all the time!!

Rupert

cadebytiger

posted on 9/5/07 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
if you are quick. someone is selling almost everything you would need. twin40s and manifold and dizzy
Paul TigerB6

posted on 10/5/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Failing those second hand parts contact Chester Sportscars. They will do you a kit for around £750 i think (have a look at their website) which includes manifold from Bogg Bros, bike carbs, megajolt etc etc. They have a set in one of their cars and it was nicer than my twin Dellorto's with OMEX ecu to drive.
Agreed with the comments on Tiger - way overpriced and not interested unless you are giving them loads of cash and doing things THEIR way. They werent impressed when i told them i was putting an R1 in a B6 kit and were frankly bordering on obstructive for parts (I bought the kit part built) despite them knowing me for the last 7 1/2 years.

cadebytiger

posted on 10/5/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
agree... tiger are a pain in the A*SE
Paul TigerB6

posted on 11/5/07 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Here ya go mate. Give Graham a call at Chester Sportscars - you will find him a million times better to deal with than Tiger themselves.
http://www.tiger-super-cat.co.uk/csc/carbkit.htm

Cheers
Paul

Paul TigerB6

posted on 11/5/07 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edspurrier
It's the Webcon performance kit - not installed mine yet so no comment on ease, but mine has carbs, ecu, wiring loomed and labelled, throttle position sensor, bit of fuel pipe, fixings aplenty.

Biggest issue with the Webcon kit is you are limited to which rolling roads you can use to make any changes to the ECU - fine if your local place is an agent - not so fine if the nearest is 50 miles away.
Although the kit is supposedly ready jetted etc - i wouldnt mind betting your rolling road session will find a change is needed. Exhaust and air flow to the engine are always going to make it nigh on impossible to make an off-the-shelf kit so its not a criticism of Webcon.

cadebytiger

posted on 11/5/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
They are brilliant. no idea about price but they will fall over themselves to help you!

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Here ya go mate. Give Graham a call at Chester Sportscars - you will find him a million times better to deal with than Tiger themselves.
http://www.tiger-super-cat.co.uk/csc/carbkit.htm

Cheers
Paul

jimbona2

posted on 18/8/07 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
had a look at this page and phoned tiger. Cant see how tiger can price up this kit for £1300 with this being almost half price... is this everything you get or does the tiger performance come with more? thanks
JacksAvon

posted on 18/8/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon Race car
Sealed Engine
Webcon alpha kit supplied by Tiger
No performance cams or fancy head work.
160 bhp
Sealed class ecu, ie limited to 6250rpm

t.j.

posted on 18/8/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Whooooooooooooooo, that's a big avatar!

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

jimbona2

posted on 19/8/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
i think after all your comments I reckon I need the following bits for my 2 litre zetec setup.

2 x twin 45 carbs,
Inlet manifold,
TPS,
Throttle linkage,
ECU,
Wiring Loom,
Trumpets,
Air filters

think that sounds about right and sounds like everything i'll need (i think??)

Paul TigerB6

posted on 19/8/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'd still say you'd be better off with bike carbs over twin 45's. These carbs are donkeys years old in design whereas bike carbs are far more modern.
If you were to drive two cars back to back fitted with twin 45's and bike carbs i can guarantee you'd go for the bike carbs. Also, they dont go out of tune anywhere near as fast as the 45's so save loads of cash on tuning in the long run.

icecarver

posted on 23/8/07 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
performance

It does seem the R1 carb route is the choice
of the moment.
The only problem is Bogg Bros have been keeping a friend of mine waiting for over 6 weeks !!
Still almost as good as Tigers mystical 2 weeks
standard answer for parts

Peteff

posted on 23/8/07 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
These carbs are donkeys years old in design whereas bike carbs are far more modern.

They are glorified SUs Stick 4 of them on and see how that goes. Making the manifold might be a bit complicated though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

studon

posted on 7/9/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Shame you feel Tiger have not been very helpful, certainly not my experience.

The webcon alpha kit is excellent and has everything and you would have to be a total idiot to ***K it up installing.
And once its on it works!!
The guys at webcon are also very helpful
Tiger overpriced??!! cant imagine where you will get the webcon kit any cheaper??
Yeah there is the bike carbs and emerald ecu route and I cannot comment as I not seen the results but I still don't think you can beat a set of 45's giving that lumpy rort. Just me perhaps.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.