Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nokia n95 mobile
mkblade

posted on 13/5/07 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
nokia n95 mobile

has anyone got one of these ive been getting mixed reports

one shop will say its excelllent best phone out there.
go into another shop they say its rubbish and dont bother,

thanks
simon

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/5/07 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon. Yep had one for almost 3 weeks now. It worked straight out of the box, once charged & registered. It might sound funny saying that but it more than could be said for the 6680 (took 4 to get a working properly one ) it replaced.
Get a 2 gig memory card for it (£11+p&p from amazon) and you are away. If you are careful who you get it from some of the suppliers leave the walkie talkie feature active (orange don't ) All the functions work fine on mine (not sorted out or tried the GPS yet) music is fine, photo's are great (Stoneleigh pics in archive), Video is ok, Bar code reader works fine as well (YES BAR CODE READER). WiFi works great as does WAP (posting on luego section from Stoneleigh).
The list of 'it does' goes on & on.

Oh and it works great as a phone.

My boss's son upgraded his as soon as he saw mine & he seems happy as well.

[Edited on 14/5/07 by jollygreengiant]

[Edited on 14/5/07 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Grahame L

posted on 14/5/07 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
You have to charge it every day which can be a bind though!! And i mean every day, it only lasts 1/2 a day if you use it as a phone.
JoelP

posted on 14/5/07 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
my n70 is the same with batteries, useless! If you forget to charge it one evening it is dead before the next day ends.
Furious D

posted on 14/5/07 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
my n70 is the same with batteries, useless! If you forget to charge it one evening it is dead before the next day ends.

I charge my probably every 3 days.

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/5/07 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Between 2 & 3 days on one charge and a week out of the Jabra bluetooth headset.
Personally I don't see a problem with charging cos you get a mains charger and you can also get car chargers dirt cheap.
The worst I had was just over 1 day but I was listening to my selection of Albums non stop all of one of those days.
As with all things, if you use it then it uses battery.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

bodger

posted on 14/5/07 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Listening to Radio 4 this morning & people complaining that Vodaphone & Orange (& probably a few others) disable the voip function so you can't skype directly from the phone thereby avoiding their rip off charges. Oh these naughty phone companies LOL.
Daimo_45

posted on 14/5/07 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I had the old version of this phone and wasn't too impressed. Only gave me a day of battery life and the slider was a bit temperamental. Gone back to sony ericsson as it gives me 1 WEEK of battery and is hard as nails. I'm past all the bells and whistles, I just need a phone that calls, texts and takes photos.
NS Dev

posted on 14/5/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daimo_45
I had the old version of this phone and wasn't too impressed. Only gave me a day of battery life and the slider was a bit temperamental. Gone back to sony ericsson as it gives me 1 WEEK of battery and is hard as nails. I'm past all the bells and whistles, I just need a phone that calls, texts and takes photos.

Amen to that!!!!

Much the same here, now slightly ruing the day when I chopped my old nokia in for an N70 cos the batteries were nacked on the old one.....

They last less time on the N70, and while its a great phone, not as tough as the old one!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

JoelP

posted on 14/5/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
just ordered one today!
Grahame L

posted on 14/5/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
If you use the phone for what it is supposed to be used for i.e talking to people you will have to charge in under a day, if not then you may get longer; it definately has a thirst for power. If you want a phone to keep up with the jones's then yes its perfect everything you'll ever want, suppose Nokia will bring out a higher output battery soon so we'll have to wait and see.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.