Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt help pls!
bigtone69

posted on 28/5/07 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt help pls!

hi folks, ok so ive built and assembled and wired MS v2.2 with ford edis ignition, by some weird fluke i have managed to start engine......after reading the megatune manual...i realise i am just an idiot who doesnt understand 99.9% of the document...wheres the section how to make the mixture leaner...i only want to get it to run enough so i can run her in....and to drive it to someone to have her tuned properly....i am not knocking megasquirt or megatune or mega manual....i just need a little help in translating it to a science i can maybe understand.....can anyone pls help me out a little...thanx guys
TangoMan

posted on 28/5/07 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Let us know where you are based as someone might be willing to drop round to assist.

Basically, you have a spark advance and a fuel injection table. These have an X and Y axis which are generally Engine load and Revs.

To weaken, you need to reduce the number in the fuel injection (VE) table. While running you can see which numbers (bins) are being used as these will be highlighted in yellow.

Have you got a wideband O2 sensor and controller. If not I would suggest borrowing or purchasing one as it will make setting up a whole lot easier.

Try reading the manual again as it starts to sink in after reading a few ti mes, but only once you are actually starting to tune.

I would be wary of running in until it is reasonably well set up as too much fuel will wash the bores.

If you are local to South Yorks I will come over and lend a hand.

Happy tuning.

Steve

Summer's here!!!!

bigtone69

posted on 28/5/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TangoMan
Let us know where you are based as someone might be willing to drop round to assist.

Basically, you have a spark advance and a fuel injection table. These have an X and Y axis which are generally Engine load and Revs.

To weaken, you need to reduce the number in the fuel injection (VE) table. While running you can see which numbers (bins) are being used as these will be highlighted in yellow.

Have you got a wideband O2 sensor and controller. If not I would suggest borrowing or purchasing one as it will make setting up a whole lot easier.

Try reading the manual again as it starts to sink in after reading a few ti mes, but only once you are actually starting to tune.

I would be wary of running in until it is reasonably well set up as too much fuel will wash the bores.

If you are local to South Yorks I will come over and lend a hand.

Happy tuning.

Steve

thanks steve, there must be a couple of ways of tuning MS because ive been bamboozled watching a green dot bouncing about a 3d graphy thing, the motor in question is turboed and i have read that i really need wideband o2, i believe these items to be costly, as much as the ecu itself, unfortunately ime not just round the corner from you, ime in coventry.......but thankyou for your help i will endevour to read the manual again
thanx
tony

the_fbi

posted on 28/5/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigtone69 the motor in question is turboed and i have read that i really need wideband o2, i believe these items to be costly, as much as the ecu itself

Innovate LC-1 should cost you around £105 delivered from the USA (+duty if you're unlucky).

On a turbo'd motor you really really really need one unless you fancy a rebuild.

bigtone69

posted on 28/5/07 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
quote:
Originally posted by bigtone69 the motor in question is turboed and i have read that i really need wideband o2, i believe these items to be costly, as much as the ecu itself

Innovate LC-1 should cost you around £105 delivered from the USA (+duty if you're unlucky).

On a turbo'd motor you really really really need one unless you fancy a rebuild.

thanx fbi..........out with the credit card again then.....

piddy

posted on 28/5/07 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
What engine are you running?
What inlet etc. Someone may have a map you can enter into your mega squirt/tune to get you started.

bigtone69

posted on 28/5/07 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piddy
Hi.
What engine are you running?
What inlet etc. Someone may have a map you can enter into your mega squirt/tune to get you started.

hi, its a rover 2.0 T series turbo (rover 620 ti engine) different pistons, different turbo
thanx

TangoMan

posted on 28/5/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
BigTone,

Where abouts in Coventry are you. I am travelling to Coventry (Prologis Park - Holbrooks) on Thursday for a meeting and I travel to Bedworth every weekend to see my son.

I have megatune installed on my laptop so may be able to assist.

I also have an LC1 which is a great bit of kit. You can get them from Bill Shurvington in the UK probably cheaper than importing from teh states. Someone will be along shortly with his details.

Summer's here!!!!

the_fbi

posted on 28/5/07 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TangoMan
You can get them from Bill Shurvington in the UK probably cheaper than importing from teh states. Someone will be along shortly with his details.

No g in Shurvinton.

bill@shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk

Last price I saw from him was around £135

[Edited on 28/5/07 by the_fbi]

Krismc

posted on 31/5/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
im in the same predicament in newcastle, any one up this way???

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

BKLOCO

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Bill will also rent you an LC-1 for about £20 a week (the week bit tends to be very flexible)
If you then deceide to buy one he will knock the rental off the price. Very helpfull guy.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.