Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheapest way to collect charity money online?
craig1410

posted on 30/5/07 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Cheapest way to collect charity money online?

Hi,
Does anyone know the cheapest way to collect money online for donation to a registered charity?

A colleague of mine has a website which supports the charity "Cash for Kids" and at present he collects money via cash/cheque payments. He would like to do this via some electronic means to minimise handling. He is looking for the cheapest way to do this to avoid the donations being reduced too much by transaction fees. Ideally the service would also handle the gift aid side of things.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Craig.

timf

posted on 30/5/07 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
www.justgiving.co.uk

A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him."
- Sir Winston S. Churchill, 1952

ChrisGamlin

posted on 30/5/07 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, JustGiving seems to be the standard method, was used to collect for Yorkshire Air Ambulance when Richard Hammond crashed the rocket car, recently closed at almost a quarter of a million quid!

craig1410

posted on 30/5/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys,
Yes we have seen that one. Unfortunately the charity in question isn't registered with JustGiving. It is without doubt a pukka charity and it would seem sensible to register with JustGiving but as I understand it they have no plans to do so.

I'll suggest to my mate that he asks Cash For Kids why they are not registered with JustGiving and see if he can encourage them to do so. Seems the obvious way forward to me.

Thanks,
Craig.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.