Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicator speed
cmalc

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Indicator speed

Hello

I have just been completing the wiring on my Indy. I seem to have a problem with the indicator speed. They seem to be flashing very fast. If I put the hazards on the seem to flash at the "normal " speed.

Can anyone help? I think it might be something to do with the total bulb wattage but I am not sure. My front stalks are only rated to 10w instead of the normal 21w for indicators. I have used the flasher relay from the donor car so maybe it is expecting 21w from the front stalks rather than the 10w? I tried just connecting a 21w bulb and this seemed to cure the problem. Unfortunatly the stalks will not take the 21w bulb.... So the question is is there a different relay I should fit? Can I buy "small" 21 watt bulbs to fit the stalks? Do I need to buy new stalks? Or am I just being stupid and missing something?

PS sorry for all the questions )

Ketchup

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
tis a wattage problem, i had the same prob as using bike front indicators etc, i just fitted 1 more 10w bulb in line (covered in tape) with the side repeaters on each side

[Edited on 1/6/07 by Ketchup]

esn163

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

we had a similar problem with LED indicators. Originally we solved this by adding extra bulbs into the circuit but eventually switched the relay to one of these to tidy up the wiring. The wiring is slightly different (IIRC the relay doesn't need earthing) but you get full instructions so it's not too hard to fit.

Not exactly locost but does the job nicely. You might want to check that your bulbs aren't too high wattage for the relay but according to VWPs description they should be fine.

HTH

Ed

[Edited on 1/6/07 by esn163]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
That what I used for mine, think i paid £6.95 on ebay.

Works fine.

Agriv8

posted on 1/6/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yup used one of them as well with no problem. I had to move some pins in the relay mounting thingy. but no real hassle.

regards

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

StevieB

posted on 1/6/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
SVC now sell resistors to put in line when using LED's - a few quid, but worth it to make a neat job of the wiring.
x_flow57

posted on 1/6/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a specified/min wattage for indicator bulbs for SVA.

Dusty

posted on 2/6/07 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
No specified wattage but E marks are specified and bike ones could be failed. SVA will expect a light output equivalent to a 21 watt bulb.
E1, E1a, E1b, E11 are specified for front indicators. Vehicle Wiring Products may be able to help out with suitable size 21 watt bulbs.

[Edited on 2/6/07 by Dusty]

cmalc

posted on 2/6/07 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am sure I can sort it now.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.