Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: gts worries please advise
ever88

posted on 2/6/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
gts worries please advise

placed an order with gts week on Friday and still not received.

no one answering phones and voice mail message is full. no reply to email.

a bit concerned now. do they make to order have they gone bust.

can anyone advise or fill in blanks here?

cheers
Paul

[Edited on 2/6/07 by ever88]

arrybradbury

posted on 2/6/07 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Have you done a search?

ewan

posted on 2/6/07 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I think I read last week that he was away to get married and would be away for 2 weeks.
gingerprince

posted on 2/6/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ewan
I think I read last week that he was away to get married and would be away for 2 weeks.

That was Marc at MNR, nor GTS.

flak monkey

posted on 2/6/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Usually stuff is made to order. Wouldnt worry just yet.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

tks

posted on 2/6/07 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Usually stuff is made to order. Wouldnt worry just yet.

==>

quote:
Posted by TKS
Usually stuff. Wouldnt worry yet. Did you do a search on the forum on GTS?

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

myeates

posted on 2/6/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
im in the same boat ordered my steering rack 2 weeks ago but have heard they were slow, will find out where it is again when it gets to 3 weeks then 4 maybe keep trying to call you will get thru, i did eventually just be nice if you could believe it when he says its been sent as it sounds like it hasnt
tom_loughlin

posted on 2/6/07 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
I had a long chat with Darren yesterday....Picked up his mobile first time, and was very helpful.
Funnily enough, He doesnt just sit and wait for his emails/phone calls, he's a busy chap, so just keep trying.
Just try that... If he doesn't pick up first time, just call him back a bit later

bodger

posted on 2/6/07 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't worry yet. Even MK take a few weeks & a few phone calls to deliver sometimes. Everyone seems to be pretty busy at the moment.
UncleFista

posted on 2/6/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tom_loughlin
I had a long chat with Darren yesterday....Picked up his mobile first time, and was very helpful.
Funnily enough, He doesnt just sit and wait for his emails/phone calls, he's a busy chap, so just keep trying.
Just try that... If he doesn't pick up first time, just call him back a bit later

I don't think anyone believes or wants him to sit and wait for phone calls But answering customers calls every now and again would do wonders for his reputation

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

flak monkey

posted on 2/6/07 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
I don't think anyone believes or wants him to sit and wait for phone calls But answering customers calls every now and again would do wonders for his reputation

Funny, I have phoned him several times in the past week and he has answered his mobile every time within a few rings.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

myeates

posted on 2/6/07 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
it depends how busy things are i phoned last week got him first time and this week it took a few attempts
robinj66

posted on 2/6/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
They were all alive and well at TotalKitCar today (Brands hatch)
ever88

posted on 4/6/07 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
well I still haven't heard from him and still can't contact by phone as rings out to voice message that won't allow you to leave one because it is full.

he may have mates on here but I'm not impressed to be honest. looking for a dion axle on ebay and shall ask for refund soon. If he is that busy then there is clear evidence for someone else opening a business and offering similar service.

ned

posted on 4/6/07 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I can confirm a work colleague has been trying to contact him aswell and has been getting voicemail everytime which is full so can't even leave a mesage. It is not just a once a week oh he's not there, he has been ringing quite a bit. Money was taken the day the order was placed and at least two weeks in and he's not received what he ordered and can't get hold of anyone.

Sadly I did warn him.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
myeates

posted on 4/6/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
i managed to get hold of him friday and guess what my rack has been sent but is in birmingham (yeah right) and when i asked him for tracking number he said yes there is one and he would email it to me that night and what a surprise still no number getting fed up myself
ever88

posted on 4/6/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
wont be using him again.

by the sounds of other comments people would do well to avoid. 250 quid of mine went through a transaction immediate over phone but like others weeks into order and not a hint of it being delivered.

shoddy firm by the sounds. what I'm most annoyed about is that I have the fabrication skills and equipment but not enough time. thought I was going to save some by getting someone else to do donkey work.

how wrong you can be!

If the quality is crap God help him I can tell you.

should I worry about the quality?

ned

posted on 4/6/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair the quality is normally quite good (in my experience) and the products are good value if you can put up with the lead time.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BKLOCO

posted on 4/6/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
As has been said many times by many people Darren is a Very busy man right now.
He is in the process of starting a new fabricator "in house" which should hopefully go some way toward addressing the delivery time problems.
Unfortunately he has become a victim of his own success.
The seats that he is now manufacturing are so good that his fiberglass man gets very little time to spend on anything else.
Whilst he has been relying on 3rd party fabricators he has been badly let down therefore he is trying to bring that part of the business "in house".
Quite honestly the message here is: Be patient. GTS products are 1st class and good prices but not the fastest.
If you want fast go to Westfield or the likes.... However you will NOT build a locost...

Darren do I qualify as new favourite customer? (Sorry private joke)

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

ever88

posted on 4/6/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I understand and hear what your saying.

I'm not trying to assassinate Darren here. but I don't know him from Adam so he is simply a company to me. I have sent emails for him to explain what is going on without any prejudice as poo does happen but if you can't get in touch with the company that has taken money and choses to ignore emails what else would you expect any normal person to think?

theres an old saying that your only as good as your last job and if this happens, who can blame people for being let down and disappointed. I hope my point is also understood here so this thread doesn't turn into some domestic never ending bicker.

shortie

posted on 5/6/07 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Easy way I guess might be to pay on Credit Card and then if there's a problem then you can get the money back from the Credit Card company and let them worry about getting the money from the company.

Doesn't help with the frustration I guess but at least you might not lose any money.

Rich.

dhollin3

posted on 5/6/07 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have also been trying to get in touch with Darren for a week as my car should have gone through the SVA last week by him. I would love to know if it passed or not! 6 calls a day and still no joy!

At least i now know he is around, so i guess i will keep on trying. But if no joy by the end of the week i will have to drive 3 hours to see if everything is ok.

cluebie

posted on 5/6/07 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
My card's been charged with £30 more than the agreed price inc vat and delivery so I'm not happy. I've emailed twice and no response in 10 days. Phone not being answered and no voicemail.

My understanding of credit card charging is that Mail Order companies cannot charge a credit card until the product is being shipped. Until that point they can pre auth or put a 'shaddow' on the card but the customer should never see the charge until shipment is taking place.

Busy, ok, slow, thats fine, but taking too much money and then not delivering is not acceptable.

ever88

posted on 5/6/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
01474 707071

got in touch today on this number. Darren not there but guy who works for him (pleasant in conversation) says mine shall be made end of this week. he told me that I should have been informed these things can take up to 28 days. I'm told will arrive mid next week and if not refund.

will be checking on the overpayment side of things though. I can't believe he is able to run a company like this and stay in business. I've often thought of what would make money as a business and to see firms making money and operating like this really does open your eyes.

myeates

posted on 5/6/07 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
good to hear you finally got in touch i will try calling again tommorrow as i have not heard anything from him since i asked for tracking number i wish people who are in busineses like that would be honeset about things
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.