Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust Springs
Ferrino

posted on 2/6/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust Springs

I'm looking for a supplier of stainless steel exhaust springs for my BEC R1 manifold - any recommendations? I have snapped the original set and now the replacement set and would like to try a new supplier! I think the last set were those produced for scooter exhaust or something similar???

Cheers!

40inches

posted on 2/6/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Anything here any good? http://www.racespec.co.uk/rs_shop_final/en-gb/dept_413.html
Perhaps the swivel spring?

Ferrino

posted on 2/6/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hey thanks, they look ideal. Just not sure what the stated sizes refer to (is the extreme length of spring or just the coiled section) so have sent them an e-mail to confirm.... Cheers!
ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/6/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Join the club, any springs Ive run end up breaking (some within a single session on track), so Ive given up now and just leave the 4 or 5 on there that don't seem to break. Ive tried the swivel springs in the above link (or ones very similar) and also ones very similar to the 95p ones, they all break too

If you find any then let me know!

[Edited on 3/6/07 by ChrisGamlin]

Ferrino

posted on 5/6/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Sure, I've ordered a new batch and will let you know how they get on! I've just noticed that one of the 'tags' welded onto the collector has actually snapped off from the last trackday! I wonder how much a fabricator would charge to stick another one one (stainless)....?
ChrisGamlin

posted on 5/6/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Shouldnt be a lot, beer money Id think.

Im tempted to get rid of the springs between the primaries and the collector and use overlapping tabs which can be bolted instead, as the springs that hold the primaries to the exhaust port don't seem to break so often, its the ones on the collector that always break.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.