Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Connection Speed
markal

posted on 7/6/07 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Connection Speed

Thanks to everyone that replied, my connection speed is 9.52 Mbps now, with Orange it was 1.1Mbps, but it's still slow, is it my connection speed i should be checking or something else? regards Alan.
ecosse

posted on 7/6/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
9.52mbps and you want more
What do you think you should be getting?

Cheers

Alex

markal

posted on 7/6/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not asking what it should be but asking why it's so slow? what can i check, regards Alan.
martyn_16v

posted on 7/6/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
What exactly is slow? Is it all sites you visit or just some? Do large images/files download slowly or is it just that webpages take a while to start loading? Bear in mind that no matter how fast your connection gets you can only get webpages as fast as the webserver can dish them out, some sites will always be slow if they get a lot of requests and the server isn't a super-dooper jobby.

markal

posted on 8/6/07 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, my computer starts off fast, ebay, forums etc, then it starts to slow down, i thought by changing my provider it would help, i am not complaining about my connection speed, it seems to go into slow motion which drives you mad, all help appreciated, regards Alan
Keith Weiland

posted on 8/6/07 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
sounds more like your PC at fault than the connection. Do you have an up to date anti virus program and a Spyware checker? Do you defrag the PC, Do you have enough ram in the PC.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 8/6/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm, are you using a wireless router, could be next door downloading for free. Or another user in the house if you have kids they could be downloading all sorts and seeding bittorrent etc.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

markal

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
No kids, no next door, very lucky. I am begining to think that it could be the PC.
Any clues as to what to look for - not an expert on computers - great with cars though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.