Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorola unlocking
mookaloid

posted on 10/6/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Motorola unlocking

I have a motorola v3 Razr? which is on orange.

I think it needs unlocking to be used on another network, anyone know if it can it be done at home? I have a data cable.

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Pdlewis

posted on 10/6/07 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Mark,

a bloke at work was looking at getting this done and i seem to rember it been dependant on the serial of the phone as some can be unlocked using software and others unlocked using a combination of software and tin foil to short out some of the contacts on the bord (which sounds very doddgy to me) as his was this type he stuck it on ebay and got a new phone with the ££

Paul

svenkev

posted on 10/6/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
motorola

hi,

wat about this
unlock Motorola: http://umotorola.com

MikeRJ

posted on 10/6/07 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I guess you mean for free? It can sometimes be done, but depending on the bootloader version your phone has it's quite an involved process, with a not insignificant risk of "bricking" your phone, and even then it seems to be 50/50 whether it actually unlocks it. If you still want to have a go, look at this thread.

A somewhat less risk you can buy an unlocking credit from one of the online unlocking companies, download a small program and the process is automated. Just don't use the dickhead that runs http://www.unlocktelecom.co.uk as he will take your money and then give you a load of nutsack about this phone being tricky, along with a few completely non-functional codes.

A quick google will find you numerous companies that will flog you a remote unlock code, but they aren't cheap, you will typically have to pay £10-20.

David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Just don't use the dickhead that runs http://www.unlocktelecom.co.uk as he will take your money and then give you a load of nutsack about this phone being tricky, along with a few completely non-functional codes.

Coincidentally, one of the sponsors of this site (advert appears at the bottom of the page).

MikeRJ

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Coincidentally, one of the sponsors of this site (advert appears at the bottom of the page).

Hmm, well it was "only" £3.99, but all I got sent was a few codes that either did nothing, or were simply not possible to enter if you followed the instructions. I emailed him a couple of times to ask for either a working unlocking solution or my money back and had absolutely no response from him.

Still, I'm a great beliver in Karma, what goes around comes around as they say...

BKLOCO

posted on 11/6/07 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
If you still have an Orange contract phone them and tell them you are going abroad and want to use a foreign pay as you go sim for the duration of your trip.
Ask them to send you the unlock code for your phone.
I have done this several times when I was with Virgin and it was never a problem.
I assume the other companies are the same.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/07 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

Just realised - he's not a sponsor! It's an "Ads by Google" box that sorts out appropriate adverts for the current topic. We mentioned 'unlocktelecom' and, lo and behold, Google found an ad to display!

Damn clever...

Now you can feel free to insult that company, with no guilt about slagging off a site sponsor!

Slimy38

posted on 1/4/14 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yay, I found the april fools joke! Oh, wait, maybe it isn't...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.