Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Angle gauge thing
dern

posted on 14/6/07 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Angle gauge thing

I bought one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digital-Angle-Gauge-Protractor-Inclinometer-Clinometer_W0QQitemZ330134178800QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64814QQcmdZViewItem

the other day off ebay. Seemed like a good price.

It arrived this morning and is very neat. It has magnets on the bottom so I reckon you could place it on a cross member and zero it as a reference point and then stick it to your hub to get a camber reading. Got to be easier than trying to get the car level to use a normal camber gauge (not that I've ever used one).

I was also planning on cutting a bit of tube I have kicking about and putting some bolts through the tube so I can use it when the wheels are on the car if you see what I mean.

Also good for checking the angle of pillar drill tables, saw blade angles etc.

Thought it might be useful for you chaps...

Regards,

Mark

[Edited on 14/6/07 by dern]

R1 (2003 FI) powered Locost in progress
Fireblade/Impreza

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 14/6/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Dern, just noticed your Avatar. Are you a boater?

dern

posted on 14/6/07 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Dern, just noticed your Avatar. Are you a boater?
Yep, kayak for exercise at the moment. Haven't done any white water stuff for a while.

You?

Regards,

Mark

Fireblade/Impreza

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 14/6/07 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
At uni I used to be a keen playboater (lived 20 minutes from the Dart, and half an hour from awesome surf). Now, the closest I can get is a crappy weir.

twybrow

posted on 14/6/07 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Do you ever paddle Hurley?

dern

posted on 14/6/07 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Do you ever paddle Hurley?
No. I used to paddle a bit as a kid but have only been doing it for a few years recently so I'm not really up to the standard. I've done a 4* course, been to nene white water centre a couple of time and dicked about in some small weirs but that's about it.

Really should get back in to it. I went to a competition at hurley and it looked the business so would like to be at that level at some point.

Regards,

Mark

Fireblade/Impreza

twybrow

posted on 14/6/07 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I entered that competition a few years ago. I am still very much a novice compared to most of the locals! Two of my mates did very well (one of them got ranked up with the pros!).

dern

posted on 14/6/07 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I entered that competition a few years ago. I am still very much a novice compared to most of the locals! Two of my mates did very well (one of them got ranked up with the pros!).
Cool

Scariest I've managed to do was go in to Chertsey not knowing what I was doing before doing a few cartwheels completely by accident before being dunked under water for what seemed like an eternity before emerging ten feet away. I didn't try it again

Fireblade/Impreza

twybrow

posted on 15/6/07 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Sound slike the best way to learn! For a real drowning experience, try either Hurley on 4 gates, or Shepperton on huge water. Now that is scary!

locoboy

posted on 18/6/07 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
That looks really cool, if i had 25 quid spare right now i know what i would be buying!

I assume it only works on one axis?

ATB
Locoboy

dern

posted on 18/6/07 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
That looks really cool, if i had 25 quid spare right now i know what i would be buying!

I assume it only works on one axis?
Yes, it'll only measure an angle from vertical.

Fireblade/Impreza

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.