Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: diff flange bolts
ayoungman

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
diff flange bolts

What size are used for the threaded holes on the drive flange. ? They seem to be a very fine pitch.

"just like that !"

Wadders

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry can't remember, but i know i tapped mine out to M10 and then used longer bolts with a nylock nut on the back, bit belt and braces, but worked for me. Standard thread is probably metric fine.

Al.

Originally posted by ayoungman
What size are used for the threaded holes on the drive flange. ? They seem to be a very fine pitch.

turbodisplay

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
M6 i think, you can get them from ford.

If i come accross the spare one in the garage today i`ll send the part no.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
M10x1

i've tried loads of bolt shops and they only carry them in 8.8, and definitely only hex head.
proper ones are 10.9, so ford will probably be best for some new ones.

hth
tom

flak monkey

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
M10 x 1 is correct.

8.8 will be fine. They arent torqued up all that tight, well within the 8.8 range anyway. I had to go with 8.8 hex heads because I had to make a spacer for my propshaft as it wasnt quite long enough.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

craig1410

posted on 24/6/07 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
You can get the proper bolts from Burton's for just 90p each. These are proper 10.9 grade M10x1x18 set screws so why settle for second best, especially on a safety critical part? £3.60 isn't much to ask for peace of mind!

https://www.burtonpower.com/default.aspx?dets_product.aspx?PGrp=70011&PSet=98

The torque for these are 42 - 49 lbf.ft and I'd recommend a good quality loctite be applied as well. This helps to lubricate the bolt while tightening as well as stopping it coming loose later.

Cheers,
Craig.

[Edited on 24/6/2007 by craig1410]

turbodisplay

posted on 24/6/07 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry i thought you were talking anout the output flanges.

Thne ford bolst seem to have a blue coating to either prevent rust or to lock into place.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
you can still get them from the ford dealers too - i bought some last week - bot £1.09 each - yes the thread is M10x1x18mm long too.. next day delivery
craig1410

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by :{THC}:YosamiteSam
you can still get them from the ford dealers too - i bought some last week - bot £1.09 each - yes the thread is M10x1x18mm long too.. next day delivery

I tried that at the time but they were a non-stocked item and had a several week leadtime. Apparently they are made to order only when there are enough orders to make it economical. Probably depends on luck if your local dealer has any in stock. Burton's have them in stock for next day delivery!

Cheers,
Craig.

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 25/6/07 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
if you get any problems try jennings ford in stockton on tees - got mine from there - was amazed that ford still made em - i got the 'do you know they dont make rear wheel drive cars anymore sonny?' and 'stopped making sierra 14 years ago' - really - wouldnt of guessed - go look and see if they still make em... they did... pissin mesel laffing when he came back... dick head...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.