Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Deman SR7 Builders?
RK

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Any Deman SR7 Builders?

I would like to apologise for bothering people on here, but I cannot get on the US site, and the frame builder has not put me in touch with other builders.

I have a problem. The width of the mounting holes on the MX5 diff carrier are 23" inside of the holes. The OUTSIDE width on the frame is 23". This is a potentially big problem: it looks like the mounting would work wonderfully if it went right through the square tubing!

Also, I have a handbrake from a Celica, which appears to be quite different than that of the MX5. I can tell where to mount the handle, but not where to put the cable(s). There is no detailed build manual with this kit.

Before I start riveting panels etc, I need to make sure what I have will work.

[Edited on 24/6/07 by RK]

Fozzie

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
RK, I believe 'zetec7' is over in Canada.

It may be worth U2U'ing him, to see if he knows of other Deman builders who may be able to advise?

ATB Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

RK

posted on 25/6/07 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks. I tried, but he didn't respond.
RK

posted on 25/6/07 at 01:22 AM Reply With Quote
OK, I found a pic that explains it.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2091686761 scroll down to pic 51

It seems the bushings inside the diff carrier are removed and the discs with the offset holes go over the opening (one on top, one on bottom). This way the carrier aligns with the frame for maximum strength when there is upward pressure (as in going over a bump). It might not make any sense to anyone else, but I got it and that's what counts now!!!

Thank you everyone. I will gladly discuss anything to do with an MX5 build if anybody needs any advice from a total idiot with cars.

Fozzie

posted on 25/6/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Rk, I am glad you found the answer to your question!

I have found another Canadian Locoster in Canada, Vancouver IIRC.

He is building a Deman sr7, but Busa (bec) powered.....

His name on here is BusaLoco, but he hasn't been on here since the end of May.....
But may be worth a 'search' or see if he has an email, just in case.

He also has pictures of his build in his Photo Archive........

ATB Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

C10CoryM

posted on 25/6/07 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
busaloco seems to have dissapeared around the time his car should have been done. I emailed him a while back with no response. Hopefully he is busy out enjoying his car.....
Always makes me wonder when a guy stops posting soon after finishing a car which might be faster than anything else he has driven

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 25/6/07 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, once done, they lose interest in the net. Can't blame him. Anybody got a couple of MX5 cables with housing kicking around before I order a second hand one or two from Colorado??

Where in the Lower Mainland are you? I'll be there to visit the family etc (and get depressed about the housing prices) in about 3 weeks.

[Edited on 25/6/07 by RK]

madman280

posted on 26/6/07 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't you just give Dan at Deman a call. He's a sharp guy who's usually willing to help out and get his cars finished. I think he may even have a web site just for people who are building his cars.

CJ

[Edited on 27/6/07 by madman280]

RK

posted on 27/6/07 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
Because he's on his boat this week incommunicado. I would like to make a bit of headway before leaving for holidays myself.
C10CoryM

posted on 27/6/07 at 01:42 AM Reply With Quote
I was thinking a little more along the lines of someone getting on the gas in their new car and losing it . Suddenly person X no longer posts, or responds anymore. Hopefully not though.

Im in White Rock, which is exactly where you want to avoid if high house prices upset you.
Cheers.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 27/6/07 at 01:52 AM Reply With Quote
Are you kidding? I spent 10 years at Broadway and Granville, 49th and East Boulevard before that, and West Van before that. White Rock is dirt cheap - further than I want to be from N Van mountatins, but admittedly a lot closer than I am now.

As far as my build goes, I have painted my frame and wishbones (and pedals), and need further instructions on where to start. I cannot email any other SR7 builders, because I don't have their addresses. Right now, I'm getting as high as Dee Dee Ramone on paint and thinner fumes.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.