Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locking a bias Bar
nib1980

posted on 7/7/07 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Locking a bias Bar

Hello all,

Quick question, how have you all locked your bias bars to pass the SVA?

pics would help me

many thanks

Dillinger1977

posted on 7/7/07 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
i had 2 nuts on either side of the bar.
drilled entirely through the nut and bar and put a pin through.

I was also told to put a pin through the 2 nuts on the pushrods (which seems a bit excessive) but thats what I had to do...

i wouldnt recommend the bodge. (drill holes in either side of nut, glue half a pin sticking out so it looks like its gone through the bar) as they might ask you to remove it, or 'jiggle' it to see if its one pin.

-Rog

wicket

posted on 7/7/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
1/2 nut on each side drilled and pinned.
RazMan

posted on 7/7/07 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Ideally you need a shouldered nut so that it locks against the clevis pin and not the bracket. This will then allow the clevis to move as it should.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 7/7/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
First off all, if you read the manual it says that the bias cannot be adjusted beyond the worst case senario i.e. if the bias is moved towards the rear brakes it must not be so much that the fronts are not applied first.
It does not say it can't be adjusted.
In otherwords it can still be adjustable after sva but not beyond this limit. Also it should be non-adjustable from the drivers postion while driving, so no dash adjusters either.
I used a nut on either end of the threaded rod that were roll pinned so that I could adjust the bias if necessary, but I also put two half nuts on the longest side of the bias bar so that it could be locked off. I then wound it right over to the front position. I was never asked to prove the worst case senario.
No problems passing sva.

[Edited on 7/7/2007 by nitram38]

BenB

posted on 7/7/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
I just made up a box which totally covered the brake pedals. It was rivetted in place (ie not removable). As it couldn't be adjusted (well not without taking the rivets out anyway) it passed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.