Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help wiring savage switches
mkblade

posted on 13/7/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
help wiring savage switches

hi all
im totally stuck with this now ive had a go wiring all the swiches with no joy.

im using premier wiring loom (sierra) origaly i had the standard stalks done away with all that and bought all savage switches.

i sent all the switches to premier wiring as he said he could make a loom up so i then join that into the loom in the car this was seven weeks ago and still not done.

has anyone got any diagrams or can offer advise im thinking of getting the switches back of him and having another go .there are instructions in the boxes but as i say its my weak point.

many thanks
simon

RazMan

posted on 13/7/07 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have the pin out diagrams in my archive if that helps. They are basically two separate switches inside the same body plus a backlight - pretty easy once you get that in mind.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rayward

posted on 14/7/07 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
if you wanted to send them to me, i could do it for you, wouldn;t be able to do it until w/c 23rd though

Ray

esn163

posted on 14/7/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I have the pin out diagrams in my archive if that helps. They are basically two separate switches inside the same body plus a backlight - pretty easy once you get that in mind.

Yeh, pin 1 and 2 on either side are the switched pins. You connect whatever you are switching to either set of these. The two pins sat in the centre are the two for the LED (will only work 1 way round - can't remember which but its easy to find out)

HTH

Ed

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 14/7/07 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Here's the pin out details Rescued attachment Savage wiring.jpg
Rescued attachment Savage wiring.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

mkblade

posted on 15/7/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
i understand the bit about the led thats ok

but if im wiring up my lights say

side light & dip beam do you wire them up separatly.

ie would the side light switch have to be on before the dip beam would work ?

thanks
simon

RazMan

posted on 15/7/07 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
They are usually wired separately - side lights and instrument lights on one switch, headlights on another (via a relay activated by the side light circuit preferably) If you use the Sierra switches it is done for you. The headlight feed also feeds the fog light

[Edited on 15-7-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

mkblade

posted on 16/7/07 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
i found this wiring diagram on the net for dip and high beam could somone explain to me where i would put the two switches in this diagram .then hopfully i can give it a go .

many thanks
simon Rescued attachment headlight-relays.gif
Rescued attachment headlight-relays.gif

RazMan

posted on 17/7/07 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
You would only have one switch (headlights) The stock high & low beams go to your dipswitch output. The input of the dipswitch goes through your single Savage headlight to a fused feed.
HTH Rescued attachment Headlight diagram.jpg
Rescued attachment Headlight diagram.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

NeilP

posted on 17/7/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
If you want to avoid either the dip beam or foglights coming on without the sidelights coming on (i.e. how a 'normal' car would be setup) then just take the switched +ve feed from the side light switch and make that the input to both the dipped and fog switch...

The output from the dipped switch goes through the sierra column switch (where is it then routed to either of the main or dipped beam relays depending on whether you are flashing main beam (mains and dippeds on) or full main beam (main on, dipped off).

If you go through the sierra wiring diagrams it kind of makes sense after a while...

[Edited on 17/7/2007 by NeilP]

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.