Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Toniq
mistergrumpy

posted on 29/7/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Toniq

Does anyone really like this?Don't quite do it for me but yours for a cheap price here

big_wasa

posted on 29/7/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Love it but £40k large, You have got to be joking
myeates

posted on 29/7/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt do it for me either the front lights look like drain pipe and the nose is horrible, dont know why it is made like that
sorry to those that like it

Omni

posted on 29/7/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
LMAO! Is this guy for real????

Feedback of 2!

Look what else they are selling LINKY LINK

designer

posted on 29/7/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
They have been carping on about this car for years. It's rubbish as far as I am concerned.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
quadra

posted on 29/7/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I agree, lots of hype too early on. I originally liked the idea of an updated Se7en, but when one of the kit car magazines did a review of the car, and photoshopped the pictures to make it look like it was moving, when the brake discs were rusty as .....! I lost interest. And who has £40,000 to spend on a Se7en, completely misses the point if you ask me.

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

BenB

posted on 29/7/07 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I saw it in the garage during the hook-up with STM. Looks alright but 40 large? Got to be joking!!!! If I wanted a fairly expensive new take on the Lotus / Cateringvan 7 I'd get an Elise....
smart51

posted on 30/7/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I saw the mock up at donnington and loved it. It was mostly due to the blue/silver two tone paint. In one colour it doens't look anything special.

£40k? [insert Sid James laugh here]

David Jenkins

posted on 30/7/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
One of the kit car mags did a review of this green car a few months ago. They weren't very complimentary, which is unusual, pointing out a few significant styling problems. One was the length of steering rack/cowling between the wheel and the dash - they said that it looked unplanned and unfinished; when I saw it at Newark I had to agree with them.

I'm not fond of 'updated classics': either leave the classics alone, or design something new and original.

DJ

procomp

posted on 31/7/07 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Oh dear it is just a little bit over priced for a rebodied ST locost.

And when they finished with it the handelling was worse. A bit like the arieal atom over priced quirkey styling ( for some ) and poor handeling. Give me a caterham for that money anyday.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 31/7/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to ask whether it was still an IRS STM Locost chassis underneath, I guess so?!! If so, in reality you're paying about £20k for the bodywork assuming the engine is actually pretty pricey.

procomp

posted on 1/8/07 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hi makes the caterham 260csr actually seem a good price in comparison as it's only £39500 leaving £500 to buy spare pants.

cheers matt

[Edited on 1/8/07 by procomp]

Blakey_boy

posted on 2/8/07 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Still a bit pricey considering the engine would be around 12 to 13k.

Working on that basis mine would be a lot quicker than that at around 15 - 18k to build.

And the lump is a genuine cossie lump with a T31 Turbo and actuator plus the rest of the gubbins around 330 plus bhp.

Can never work out how these guys can put such a high price tag on such things, it baffles me.

Gene Hunt:- If anything happens to that car, I'm coming round your house and stomping on your toys, Understand?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.