Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Great use of taxpayers money!
Daimo_45

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Great use of taxpayers money!

Nothing wrong with the stationary Gatso on the middle island but what is the point of having another speed checker van on the SAME strip of road??? Couldn't this van be put to better use somewhere else??? What's even more stupid is that the camera can be rotated and hasn't since its installment 3-4 months ago, seems a bit pointless considering the camera was installed to stop people speeding TOWARDS the school, so why point it the other direction??? There is another camera like this in my area and it gets rotated fortnightly!

[img][/img]

DIY Si

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Is the camera van parked legally there?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

nitram38

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you ask me, the van looks like it is in a position to be a hazard to motorists and therefore is parked illegally!

DIY Si

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I meant the yellow lines actually, but also a valid point!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Daimo_45

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Just at the end of the hashed parking spaces. Think they're free for 2 hours without a permit.
billynomates

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
The bloke in the white Vauxhall Combo may have walked past somebody smoking a spliff earlier, so the yellow line will come in handy for the roadside awareness test.
Clearly the rozzers are using their initiative here!!!

bpgoa

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
they probably make enough money with it pointing that way... or there's no camera...

On and On the River flows... We the Undertow

dave1888

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Police vehicles are never illegally parked and they never break the speed limit either. I followed one today on the A71 (50mph road) only he was doing 70mph he didnt seem to mind me following though.

JoelP

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
i had a good chuckle today at some poor coppers, they were on foot patrol so as i approached (setting off from lights) i left it in first and crept the revs to 5k, its utterly silent til you floor it (air cone etc), decked it for just a second then changed straight to fifth, pure v6 roar then they looked round and couldnt work out who it was - surely not the 406 estate?!

Was in childish stitches for a few minutes

billynomates

posted on 31/7/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Actually, the pigs are just regular folk who are doing a job (doing what they are told to do), Ok there are a few who are jobsworths but they're going to hell anyway. Treat em with the the same respect as what you would expect at your place of work and most of them will be fine with you.
The bloke who had to park that van there was probably peeed off about it, and probably had to produce some fines at the end of his shift, maybe against his better judgement.

Traffic Wardens are another issue.

DIY Si

posted on 31/7/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billynomates
Actually, the pigs are just regular folk who are doing a job (doing what they are told to do), Ok there are a few who are jobsworths but they're going to hell anyway. Treat em with the the same respect as what you would expect at your place of work and most of them will be fine with you.
The bloke who had to park that van there was probably peeed off about it, and probably had to produce some fines at the end of his shift, maybe against his better judgement.

Traffic Wardens are another issue.

Give them respect, yet you call them pigs? Coppers are one thing. Scamera drivers are all on a 1st class ticket to the inner circles of hell.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

nitram38

posted on 31/7/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
They are called "Safety Cameras" but in order to create "Safety" they have created a Hazard.
Seems to me, DOUBLE STANDARDS

[Edited on 31/7/2007 by nitram38]

billynomates

posted on 31/7/07 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote

Give them respect, yet you call them pigs? Coppers are one thing. Scamera drivers are all on a 1st class ticket to the inner circles of hell.

Yeah, I know it's not P.C, but I dont care!
Thing is, a few of em do good work, a lot of em are there for there for the early pension.

Its true.

Hellfire

posted on 31/7/07 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Every time I hear of the 5000 (or so) police people that have been captured on speed camera (with no 'blue's and two's excuse!) and only 4 were prosecuted, that kind-of gets my goat. B0LL0CKS to respect - they used to get some respect from me. Now they get nothing but contempt! It's bureaucracy gone mad!

Steve

Macbeast

posted on 1/8/07 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
If you're like me, you probably look at the fixed camera and see that it's facing the other way and think you're safe, not looking for the parked van.

Slightly OT, I recently bought a Tom Tom and switched on the "Safety" camera warning feature. On the A2 going out of London, it seems to bleep every 20 seconds - scary.

johnemms

posted on 1/8/07 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Didnt the nazis claim they were only doing what they were told?

Seems standing up for what is right these days just gets you investigated - arrested and discredited...................

Try playing poker with bill gates (ie;the law).... i cant afford his stakes!!

I have a mortgage a car a family ,, all the things I hold valuable... If you value yours then keep your head down and say nothing......

All contact i have had with police has been unpleasant to put it mildly...

davie h

posted on 1/8/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Every time I hear of the 5000 (or so) police people that have been captured on speed camera (with no 'blue's and two's excuse!) and only 4 were prosecuted, that kind-of gets my goat. B0LL0CKS to respect - they used to get some respect from me. Now they get nothing but contempt! It's bureaucracy gone mad!

Steve

Steve

i'm not making excuses for the police but not all of them are trained to put the blue's and two's on and the ones caught speeding may have been trying to get to an incident as quickly as they could(just think if it was your family or a close friend who was being attacked/assaulted you would want them to get there asap whether they were trained or not) i for one would. were the cops replacing the film or working on the camera? also if more cameras were placed outside schools etc the public would believe that they were safety cameras

worX

posted on 1/8/07 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
I know that your comment is aimed at the general majority, and not every copper, but even so, with Police in the family (brother working Manchester) I have to say that they are definitely NOT all like that.

He also has 6 points on his licence, once on the way home from work, and once whilst travelling back down from Scotland transporting a violent prisoner, so he just wanted to get home as soon as possible. He tried to get out of that one (but didn't try very hard - he didn't appeal, just wrote an explanation) but obviously wasn't successful!

Anyway, I know you weren't having a go, and I have a similar opinion about the majority of the police, however I also know there are a lot of individuals out there that are doing us proud.

regards,
Steve

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Steve

[Edited on 1/8/07 by worX]

scoop

posted on 1/8/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Pride
Integrity and
Guts.
So if everyone who puts on a uniform deserves no respect and abuse what should we generalise about Seven drivers. After all we must all be the same as well right?
W*****s

benji106

posted on 1/8/07 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
respect should be earnt, wether its the fault of the individuals or the legislation controlling them, I have lost a lot of respect for the police force in this country. I no longer trust or respect the police, based on my experience with them.

A few months ago I found a purse on the way back to a friends after a night out, I picked it up and took it back to his house, when I opened it up ther was a student card about £2 in change and some discount cards. I left it at his house and on my way home asked a friend if she knew the person whose purse I had found, she did and said she would let her know, great end of story? no.

Unfortunately when the owner of the purse went to my friends house to collect it he couldnt find it (I had chucked in the corner of the room before going to sleep, and he had cleaned up the next morning) She phoned the police and said there had been a load of cards in her wallet that would cost money to replace (drivers license, gym membership etc) he was told he had to pay £90 or he would be taken to court, I was not contacted despite the fact my friend hadnt even touched the purse.

anyway after paying the money and speaking to a friend fairly high up the county police force he complained starting a new investigation. I was interviewed on monday, at the end of which I was told I am going to be prosecuted for theft by find. theft? I didnt keep the purse or any of its contents and attempted to return the purse to its owner! Justice? is it bollocks

-Everything in excess-

Macbeast

posted on 1/8/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Theft is having posession of something belonging to someone else WITH THE INTENTION OF PERMANENTLY DEPRIVING THAT PERSON OF POSESSION.

They have to prove that you INTENDED to deprive her of purse and contents. You have no case to answer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.