Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: trail tech vapor dash
repper

posted on 29/8/07 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
trail tech vapor dash

hi was looking in my latist cope off my which kit mag and found this dash and it looks nice and not to bad price to has any one got one and what are thay like
cheers jim
http://www.trailtechproducts.co.uk

RazMan

posted on 29/8/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I was looking at these but decided that they were far too small for a car - ok for a bike though.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bbwales

posted on 29/8/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have one fitted and am very happy with it. I have mouted it in the middle of my dash and it is easy to read.

Regards

Bob

rgrs

posted on 29/8/07 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Have a read of a previous post gives a few alternatives

linky

Regards,
Roger

mev rocket

posted on 23/9/07 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbwales
Hi,

I have one fitted and am very happy with it. I have mouted it in the middle of my dash and it is easy to read.

Regards

Bob

i have one of these for my new kit and i was wondering how and where you filtted the magnet for the Speedo sensor

cheers

[Edited on 23/9/07 by mev rocket]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
NS Dev

posted on 24/9/07 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have the trailtech vapor, at £55 from their uk dealer they are cheap as chips, illuminate nicely and are plenty big enough!!

Only issue I have had is the shift lights and rev counter are mental!!

I connected the feed to the tacho output on my MBE ecu and most of the time it does nothing, but sometimes it reads all sorts of revs and flashes the shift lights all over the place!!

I have now fitted an old elliot tacho I had laying around and disconnected the trail tech tacho. Its still worth it for the internal and external temps, speedo and trip functions plus illumination.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

INDY BIRD

posted on 25/9/07 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Where did you fit the magnet and sensor for kit car put mine on the prop shaft and having complecations getting the speedo right?

Goed ok upto 40mph then it goes tits up and all over the place readings any ideas???

INDY BIRD

posted on 30/9/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
as above any ideas

thanks

sean

NS Dev

posted on 1/10/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
on mine I drilled and tapped one of the diff output flanges and screwed in one of the magnetic bolts that trailtech supply, then mounted the reed switch on a bracket from the diff carrier.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.